Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coah

DOOM animation

I am skilled in the ways of Flash, and am thinking of making flash animation episodes of Doom. These would be a retelling of the Doom story, in a cartoony sort of way, with more of the original elements.

Do you have any suggestions or things I might be sure to include?

I'd suggest not since the last Flash version of Doom I saw was about as much a copyright infringement as someone downloading a Metallica song for free.

Also, I'd personally suggest you don't do it since I'd have to kill you for stealing a potential idea of mine ;)

Wow, I didn't realize it was that big of a deal. I guess I won't do it, then. Oh well, another fun project down the drain.

Texas Libra said:

I'd suggest not since the last Flash version of Doom I saw was about as much a copyright infringement as someone downloading a Metallica song for free.

I thought that meant not to do it.

Im good at flash too and I'm for a collab. I reccomend getting ahold of the makers of The Doom Project on Newgrounds and see if they wanna do a sequel.

That's all I can reccomend.

i recommend getting doom. It's more fun than watching someone "play" it with cheesy one liners that add no value or humor.

leileilol said:

i recommend getting doom. It's more fun than watching someone "play" it with cheesy one liners that add no value or humor.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to show a tribute to the greatest game of all time. Seriously check out the Doom Project on Newgrounds.com and you'll see what I mean.

No "cheesy one liners" on that.

Yeah Newgrounds has a few interesting Doom flashes. You should really check them out. I was actually thinking of making an animation myself a while ago, but I was too lazy to get the sprites :P

Also, make sure the BFG fires green shots instead of blue ones. And make sure it involves Hell in some way. Like, it's where the bad guys come from, instead of some gay virus thing.

Actually, this reminds me of a project I was gonna do not too long ago: I was gonna make a Doom movie that didn't make my brain want to eat itself (that's the last time I ever watch the Rock in a movie). I was gonna make it using the Source engine (better capacity for facial anims than Doom 3), but my compy is a PoS, and couldn't handle it. /offtopic

... But isn't it a bit of a stretch to say that Doom has a story, or at least enough of one to base even a flash movie on?

Coah said:

I thought that meant not to do it.

hey, i got a great project for you to do, man, hit me up with an e-mail. (mothman47@hotmail.com)