Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

ZDaemon: wad verification adventures

I downloaded IDE, Skulltag and ZDaemon for obvious reasons. I set up my config and load up a game. ZDaemon tells me that doom2.wad failed verification and I can't connect. After a while I notice that I'm still running v1.666; an easy enough problem to solve. I go to install the official patches from this site, making sure to reference the dates, and get it upgraded to 1.7a and then 1.9. ZDaemon still gives me the error.

Skulltag seems to work fine. After some trial and error I find a FEW ZDaemon rooms that go through, but not many. Yes, I have a legal copy. What gives?

EDIT: Yeah... ZD is not letting me play at all.

Maybe at one point you modified a lump in the doom2.wad? What size is the (v1.9) IWAD?

DOOM2.WAD is 14,943,400 bytes.

I see this is the size of the v1.666 WAD... I'll try reinstalling the patches.
EDIT: LichSoft's IWAD Verifier tells me that it's invalid...

EDIT2: Problem solved. I tried the other patch anyway (to tell the truth, the WAD is dated Aug 29 which isn't specified as legit or otherwise).

For reference, my doom2.wad is 14,604,584 bytes, dated 02:09:04 on February 1st, 1995. Don't have anything available to check the MD5 sum, but it's legit and works on every ZDaemon server I've tried.