Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spase

Is there a Wolfenstein 3D level editor out there anywhere?

I would really love to try my hand at Wolf 3D level editing. I'm not the best editor of Doom and whenever I become intimidated by all the new and complex stuff coming out for Doom from you guys I can find a little comfort and simplicity in Wolf. Of course I could just discover that Wolf level editing is just as hard a Doom editing and just be forced to hide under my bed and cry out all my pent up anxieties at being inadequate, but I would like to take that chance anyway.

There are two Wolf3D editors that I know of that are fairly popular. There's FloEdit and ChaosEdit. They're both kinda buggy though. Easy to use, but kinda buggy. They both can also edit the graphics and sounds from Wolf3D if I remember correctly...

Oh yeah, if you're gonna try asking for help with any specific Wolfenstein 3D editing stuff, good luck on doing that. There's only one active community for that stuff, but they have a really stupid, retarded, dumbass rule about third-party emails like yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. They apparently banned all third-party emails them for "security" reasons, but I say they're a bunch of paranoid retards. Honestly, who the fuck bans third-party emails? So in order to join the only active place for Wolf3D editing, you'll have to send them an ISP email adress or something like that.

Hmmm... I suppose I can always content myself with making Wolf-like levels for Doom a la Wolfendoom.

There SHOULD be a decent editor out there. But heck, the last time I found myself searching for it, I believe it was 1994, and Infoseek search engine was NO help. Neither was Lycos, Magellan, or Yahoo.

Spase said:

Hmmm... I suppose I can always content myself with making Wolf-like levels for Doom a la Wolfendoom.

Kind of like me making Doom levels for Duke Nukem 3D =/