Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

NEW Transformers Trailer

I saw a teaser trailer earlier this year for the movie. My initial thoughts were "Wow, if I were ten years younger, I'd be shitting my pants right now!" I'm still really excited though, even though I know in my heart it won't be as good as I hope it is.

I've wanted something like this almost since I started playing with/watching them. While I'm not a big fan of their more alien style (spikey, less facial expression), I still have hope that it'll at least be decent and certainly should be entertaining enough to go watch stoned.

Anybody have a clue on which transformer that was stepping out of the pool? I think it was starscream, because the color of his feet(matches the color of his jet for the movie). At the very least it was a Decepticon, because of the red eyes.

If I remember correctly didn't the autobots and deceptions crash to earth long before humans and lay dormant in stasis mode in a volcano. I'm just going by what remains of my memory on the story line.

But all in all I don't really hate the new looks thus far. I believe it will all come down to the absent grade acting this film will most likely have.

Kaiser said:

2007 will be a year of even shittier movies based on TV shows.

A friend of a friend of mine would rip you to shreds if he heard you say that.

We like Optimus Prime and not Galvatron. We like the leader of the pack and the do-ron-ron.

the big problem going around is that many people want their classic 1st generations to be in the movie. but that means certain size shifting would be incorporated, like megatron turning into his tiny gun mode, and apparently a lot of people do not approve of this since it's live action.

although i think its wierd that starscream doesent look like himself in this trailer, regardless of him changing forms or not.

if they don't make a ton of pointless alterations, then i feel the movie might be fine.

btw, any of you guys see the 86' transformers movie?

I have seen the 86 movie, and also own the 20th anniversary edition DVD for it. And there is a lot of shape shifting going on in this movie, because when viewing all of the transformers in robot mode, one would be hard pressed to figure out what the hell they transform into. That's the biggest beef most die hard fans have with this movie. And Starscream looks completely different from his g1 counterpart. The only one that really resembles the g1 versions, is Optimus Prime. Even Megatron has a near complete overhaul, except for silver and black coloring(and instead of a gun, he turns into an alien jet last time I checked).

i love the 86 movie. i could quote it front to back when i was a kid.

this new movie will probably let down the legacy of Transformers... but even if it sucks complete ass people will go to see it just cause its transformers. way to send the right message to producers, people. o wait, we've been doing that for years and years already - i guess whats why we often get shitty movies like Silent Hill and Doom.

Sigh.

I often find the trick with these Old-Awesome-thing-to-new-hollywood-movie things is to go in with the mindset that it's not a movie about your old favourites, it's a new movie based on the same idea. That way the slate gets wiped clean and you don't get overly disappointed. For instance, this won't be a big screen version of the Transformers you know and love from your childhood, it'll be a movie basd on the idea of the Transformers you know and love. There's virtually no way it'll be exactly how you want it, because you're not directing it, so relax and try to enjoy it.

Note: This doesn't work for book-movie adaptations where they have to follow a predeterminded story as laid out in the book

Edit: I should add that I am looking forward to this, and since I was never a particularly big fan of Transformers back in the day I'll never spot any of the 'mistakes' anyway.

I loved Transformers when I was little and I thought the animated movie was awesome. I rewatched it in college and thought it was atrocious. The animation was so poor it gave me a headache and the sole reason for it existing was clearly to sell more of the toys.

Honestly I don't see the appeal of transformers anymore. They're robots... that turn into vehicles. OK. I don't see the logic of ultra-powerful robots turning into VW bugs.

Of course the movie can't be the same as the 80's transformers, we're in a new century!!!! One would be a fool to expect the same thing from their childhood. And if they were to leave the transformers looks exactly the same, or even just slightly different, it would suck. A cartoon is one thing, live action(kinda) is another.

yes, being in a new century, we should expect changes.

there will be quite a few significant changes to make the movie a bit more logical for this day and age. but even so, if you walk into the thearter with an open mind and not expecting that they keep everything from the classic, you will probably enjoy it a lot more.

i have the 86 movie, saw it for the first time last year, and i thought it was really well done considering it was done 20 years ago.

david_a said:

Honestly I don't see the appeal of transformers anymore. They're robots... that turn into vehicles. OK. I don't see the logic of ultra-powerful robots turning into VW bugs.

The logic?! Wtf man this is transformers, fake, fictional, NOT REAL. Of course there's no "logic" to it, just like there's no logic for little blue anthropomorphic micro midgets with funny white hats, or no logic for walking, talking, 5 foot tall turtles that know kung fu.

david_a said:

I loved Transformers when I was little and I thought the animated movie was awesome. I rewatched it in college and thought it was atrocious. The animation was so poor it gave me a headache and the sole reason for it existing was clearly to sell more of the toys.

One word. Nostalgia. I have friends that weren't even born at the time sprouting of how cool Transformers or Thunder cats are even though they never seen an episode, yet whore off a t-shirt of them.

The thing is Transformers, Thunder cats, Gi-Joe, He-man, She-ra, Ghostbusters, ex are so cheaply animated in Korea and each story follows a system so accurately they are basically a twenty minute commercial advertising action figures and making new characters for new action figures.

Personally I don't want the movie to resemble anything like the Old transformers. It only needs the basic concept of Two teams of robots come crashing down from space and having the ability to transformer into cars. Quite honestly the characters may have worked for an 80's super low budget TV show but man would they look bad in 3D. And also I don't care in they change the characters a little because c'mon transforming into a gun or tape cassettes is a little over exaggerated even for this concept.

If it helps any Bummble will now be transforming into a second gen Camaro and then later in the film a new fifth gen Camaro GM's putting out in 2009.

Not me, but then again I only remember watching the g1 series as a kid, and then my interests shifted elsewhere, like Nintendo and Ninja Turtles or something.

Master of Puppets said:
was anybody here into the 90's spin off series, Beast Wars?

yes i was
I watched the CG television series and bought a bunch of the shiny transformers, but the one i remember the most was this Optimus that was like nearly 1.5ft tall, that was the biggest action figure I ever had lol

I always found the TV series to be crap overall, but the comics where excellent.
It's like someone said further up: the TV show was like a really long advert/commercial which kept everything shallow and shooting, while the comics really got into the characters and expanded on many aspects of the transformers universe which you just never got in the show.

MasterOfPuppets said:

was anybody here into the 90's spin off series, Beast Wars?

Holy hellz yes! Beast Wars was what got me into Transformers in the first place, but recently my interest in it has died. This movie may revive that interest.

i had so many of the Beast Wars toys. i think they might be in a big plastic bin in the garage, probably covered in spiders lol.

yeah i had that big Optimus figure, that had the light up eyes and stuff. it was pretty awesome. i also had the dragon Megatron - that thing is cool just as a conversation piece. better than my plastic Rankor i think.