Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

the xmas thread

So, it's still a couple of days away, and in regards to those who celebrate this holiday, Merry Christmas!!
So, what did you get, what did you want, what did you get your loved ones, etc...

I want:

XBOX 360 along with the HD cables and Call of Duty 3
A new digital, long lasting, sporty watch(not fancy, the type a scuba diver would wear)
A new leather wallet
Clothes, mainly loose fit shortes and t-shirts
Nice pair of Shades
A bigger tank for my juvenile Snapping Turtle
A visor for my rear passenger side window(of my car of course)
Brake pads for my car
A bigger cage for my dog
Transformers 20th anniversary edition DVD

Now what I got from this list, I'll let you all know in a couple of days!!

I'll probably end up getting money for christmas. Oh well, money is stil good :). I didn't even ask for anything for christmas. I don't even have a Christmas tree up this year on account of everyone being too busy to get one.

I already got an Ibanez lefty bass guitar for Christmas. My brother-in-law and I are often in cahoots during Christmas because we wouldn't trust anyone else with our expensive nerd purchases. He got an overhead mic and noise-canceling headphones.

BIG STUFF
Playstation 3 or XBox 360
Digital Camera
I also was hoping for a new, more expensive guitar. The one I have is about $300 and it's gotten kinda banged up. I'll never part with it because it's the guitar I learned how to play on, but I could always use more than one. I was thinking one in the $500 range, because to ask any more of my dad would be greedy. He's already insanely generous during the holidays.

MUSIC
"Yanqui U.X.O." and "F#A#(Infinity Symbol" by Godspeed You Black Emperor
"Fixed", the Broken EP remixes by Nine Inch Nails
"Black Antlers" and "Music To Play In the Dark Vol. 2" by Coil
"Adultery" by Dog Fashion Disco
"Leitmotif" by Dredg
"Once Was Not" by Cryptopsy
"Focus" by Cynic

DVDs
"Home Movies" Season 1 and 2
Akira
Requiem For A Dream
Magnolia

By the way, does anyone know when the "Metalocalypse" Season 1 DVD is coming out? I'd ask for that too if it was soon.

I couldn't afford much, but I got some things for people.

I'm getting my mom O Brother Where Art Thou? and the original version of The Producers, both on DVD. I'm getting my sister books 1,2,5, and 6 of the Harry Potter series (those are the ones she wanted), and for my friends and dad all I could afford is some stuff I baked. My freinds really dug my eskimo cookies and fudge.

A tiny screwdriver to reach the teeniest weeniest screws in my computer, I borrowed my old one and I never got it back.

Beer, preferrably good belgian stuff, or something from Stone (legendary american microbrewery). If that fails, something from the local brewery Herslev Bryghus (which makes the best beer there is to be had in this country).

Celíne's Death on the Installment Plan and

George Bataille's The Accursed Share.

Yay for misanthropic frenchmen.

Regarding music, all my wishes seem to be too obscure for my family to find them anywhere.

True story:

Earlier today, I arose from my slumber to the sound of my mother wet vacing the carpet. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, the bathroom reminded me of something, TIME TO FEED MY SNAKES(I use the tub). So, as I kinda edged along the ends of the carpet to my room to retrieve my snake and rat, my mother got pissed and told me to stop walking on the carpet and if I wanted to feed my snake, I'd have to go downstairs. So, no problem, I have an alternative feeding place for them, which is your average size cooler(that you'd take to the beach). I went into the garage, saw the cooler in the corner, and opened it......BUT WHAT A SURPRISE I FOUND...Sitting in the medium sized blue and white cooler, in a Best Buy bag, was......(drums)...THE PREMIUM XBOX 360, GEARS OF WAR AND CALL OF DUTY 3.....MUHAHAHAHA......MUHAHAHA....MUHAHAHAHA....of course I contained myself and proceeded to find another place for feeding time, not letting anyone know what I have stumbled upon.....muhahahahahahaha...goodbye

My parents let me buy something that I wanted and they would call it a christmas present so I bought this Geforce 7950 GT. Other than that I'm not 'expecting' or really desire anything else, just that I hope I got good presents for my family.

Money is the worst gift to give or receive. It's tacky and tasteless. Gift cards are slightly better but still a cop out.

The only thing I asked for was a good iron. I don't expect to receive much, usually don't, so I've come to enjoy the giving part the most when I can afford it.

Mancubus II said:

Money is the worst gift to give or receive. It's tacky and tasteless. Gift cards are slightly better but still a cop out.

Mostly true. I vastly prefer getting actual presents, but money is okay. Like my dad asked me what I wanted and I couldn't think of anythign specific so he just got me a (pretty hefty) Best Buy card. So now I think I'll use it to repair and upgrade my newer computer so I can play WoW. :P

The only reason I'm getting money is because it's fucking impossible to find a Wii around here...

Mancubus II said:

Oh, I think lottery tickets are worse.

I don't have a problem with receiving money. My tastes are eccentric enough that it's often a much safer bet on the gift-giver's part than any actual item or gift certificate.

I finished all my shopping and bought myself Iron Maiden: A Matter of Life and Death, Genesis Platinum Collection, and a new toque. Not too shabby, so if I don't get anything particularly useful I have a fallback.

This year was one of those crazy ones where I know almost everything I'm getting. I'm not really the type who'll ask for a whole lot.

-A guitar effects pedal (I've needed one for a while)
-Metroid Prime Pinball (Shut up- it's fun, and that's all I ever really care about in a non-RPG game)

I'm kind of hoping against hope for a Wii, considering that I have noticed my parents being somewhat secretive; they talked about not wrapping a certain thing until I was asleep tonight (it's Christmas Eve). We go to a church meeting tonightat 11:00, so it'll be well past midnight by the time I hit the sheets.

Still, I'm not really absolutely convinced I'm getting a Wii, though, knowing that people have been mugged over them, and supply shortages everywhere you look. I'd rather not be completely convinced anyway, what with Christmas not being a favorable time to be dissapointed.

Money is a good gift for someone familiar who has no income but is otherwise relatively independent. I don't get gift cards at all, other than the fact that you're promoting a particular store and vaguely restricting the gift to a certain type.

Anyhow, merry Christmas and may the baby Jesus respawned continue his kitten killings unchecked this year to come!

PS: I fell asleep this evening and was eventually awoken by the sound of firecrackers around midnight.

Simpsons season 7
400 thread count sheets
Deluxe Scrabble set
Golf shoes
A shirt and a wool sweater
The latest dumb Michael Crichton book
The God Delusion by Dawkins
Some book about reading and writing better
$$$

Merry Christmas guys.

Heh, nobody in my household has waited for Christmas to open gifts since I was six. We haven't even had a tree for the last five years, and probably won't until all the cats die.

As for what I wanted (yes, these are all legit):
1) To be off probation.
2) The death of a certain state's attorney that put me on piss testing.
3) Some neden from a hot ass chick; hell, she didn't even have to be hot, it's been two and a half years. I need some pussy.
4) Some good opium.
5) A Beretta M92F with thirty round extender clips.
6) An XBox 360

And what I got:

01) A Yamaha DGX-220 Keyboard with built in USB.
02) Cakewalk Music Creator 3
03) Venture Bros. Season 1 DVDs
04) Insane Clown Posse: The Wraith of Shangri-La
05) A 12 pk of Original Coors (which is a bitch to find in these parts; fuck Coors Light)
06) Ghost In The Shell 2

I'm happy as hell (those first two are exactly what I've needed for 6 years now), and it's a sure bet I'm gonna be the extra helpful ass kissing momma's boy for the next couple of months.

You guys all have a good Christmas; I'm going to go sleep through half of it.

I find as you get older that the presents you get for your self are generaly far more on target than the presents you receive (well besides the thought i guess) because you know what you really want. aside from some money/various other things ill never use and will get shelved and some rum/whiskey filled chocalate covered cherries (that were a lot stronger than i anticipated) ill be getting myself a 19" lcd monitor, and another tv/fm tuner card. a spool of dvd-r's and cd-r's and another 50+ cd case of some kind with christmas money and of course a lot of my own and with the help of the after christmas sales we get to enjoy this coming week :)

Merry Christmas

asked:
Plastic M16 toy rifle
War DVDs
Lego

recieved:
Air Rifle, pellets and targets
War DVDs
Various survival tools (KFS, Washkit)
Wallet
Winnie the Pooh socks
Stuffed Eeyore in an Eeyore cup
Money
Multi-keep fit thingy
Alcohol

Very happy! Now to tolerate some relatives..

Merry Christmas

Surprisngly I didnt really ask for much, instead I decided to do most of the giving, including spending well over $150 on just my girlfriend herself. I'll update on what I got however.