Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

What did you GIVE for Christmas?

Seems like a much better judge of someone's character

Mom: SD card for her digital camera (she didn't understand why she ran out of room so fast since all it has is 16 MB flash memory or something)
Dad: Team of Rivals, that big book about Lincoln, soon to be a major motion picture
Brother: Evidence, some weird adventure/puzzle game
Grandparents: When I was at their place after Thanksgiving I bought a miniature Christmas tree and decorated/lit it for them since they can't be bothered to get a big one of their own
Cousins: Some toys or something, I basically pitched in money for them as part of a family gift, I can't even remember
Lady friend: A particular astrology book she had told me about along with a little toolbox since she doesn't have any tools at all
Other lady friend: A book about an animal trainer since she is also an animal trainer

that's it since I am dirt poor!

Mom : threw down $100 on a couch
Dad : Gun-sighting stand w/ cleaning supplies and a 1,000,000 candlepower LED spotlight
Bro : Steeringwheel cover and a basketball
Ladyfriend : Ice Age 2 : The Meltdown

I never know what to get people... it's like grasping at straws, and finally picking something is like settling for something known to be imperfect.

Mom/Dad: Digital camera
Sister 1: Super Scrabble
Brother-in-law 1: My Name Is Earl first season DVD set
Niece: Pingu DVDs
Sister 2 and brother-in-law 2: Whale Rider
Nephew: Scooby Doo game for GBA
Brother 1: $20 Marsh (supermarket) gift card
Brother 2: 12 Lee-Enfield stripper clips
Brother 3: $20 Marsh (supermarket) gift card

Speaking of food i gave some of those sausage/beef/cheese basket things as gifts, along with some perfume and cologne. just your basic mall fodder.

EarthQuake said:
And it's food.

Consumables make good gifts. Not just food but also drinks, toilet items, smokes, candles, and so on. I least I think so, because they don't promote clutter much and are generally simple and handy. After years of birthday, holiday, souvenir, and other gifts, the accumulation can get a bit excessive when added to everything we get ourselves.

Dad: Canvas button up shirt
Mom: Grey fleece vest
Sister: Red Underarmor Shirt

For some reason my family wants clothes.

Several things, including:
Father: Amundsen's book about his South Pole expedition. It seemed appropriate since he has always gone on about how he hated all the fawning over Scott (which was rammed down his throat at school many years ago), and near-vilification of the man who reached the Pole first and didn't get his team killed in the process. So he can now read Amundsen's own 800-page account of it. :p
Mother: US travel guides and a Beavis and Butt-Head Do America DVD, so that when she goes there next year, she can both be a know-all, and make stupid comments at national monuments.
Sister: Not sure yet, as I'll see her at New Year, and stuff will be cheaper in the next few days than it was before Christmas.
Ladyfriend1: Pair of mini-binoculars. Definitely the right gift, given the massive number of exclamation marks in her e-mail about them.
Ladyfriend2: Erm, just a card, and a few bits and pieces.
Ladyfriend3: A nice Svalbard 2007 calendar, full of "other worldly" type of images.

Oh yeah, and I got myself a GPS device gizmo.

Mum: Various beauty products and thorntons chocs
Dad: Soplica vodka and thortons toffee
Nan: Large bottle of Gin and thorntons fudge
Sister: Tia Maria and Baileys
Niece 1: Lego, 2 books and £100 for savings account
Niece 2: Playdoh, 3 small books and £100 for savings account
plus six spongebob DVDs to share between nieces and various photos people requested.

Heh, I already answered this in the other thread, but what the Hell. I was extremely poor this year as I was every other year, so I didn't have much to spend on gifts.

Mom: O Brother Where Art Thou? and The Producers (the original version)
Sister: Harry Potter, books 1, 2, 5, and 6 (she got 3+4 from my grandpa a few years ago)
Dad: Some fudge
My friends: some fudge and eskimo cookies

Mom- pajamas
Dad- 30 dollar Best Buy gift card
Sister- Music CD, don't remember the name of the singer
Other sister- Chihuahua wall calendar
Uncle- 10 dollar gift card for Blockbuster

I got everyone chocolate. Because everyone likes chocolate. And if someone doesn't, he/she can learn to like it.

My presents are always the awesomest.

Little sister: Fear Factory CD (my dad won't let her listen to metal)
Brother: 'A Christmas Story' Leg Lamp
Older sister: Farscape DVDs
Brother-in-law: noise-canceling headphones, vocal mic
Mom: 'Love' by the Beatles
Dad: Satellite GPS for the car
Grandmom: SuDoKu board game
Grandpop: 'Military Blunders' book
Other Grandmom: snow angel
Aunt: 'Pirates of the Carribean 2' DVD

Mom, a book about a WW2 family that won some award.
Dad: A bottle of Seagrams Wiskey (canadian)
Laila: a bottle of bailies (so they can get sloshed together)
My older sister: children books (alice in Wonderland and through the looking glass, aswell as a winnie the pooh book) Since she's pregnant with a parasite.
My younger sister: A France Gall CD, featuring her earliest hits.
My brother: The rocky horror picture show on DVD.

Bucket said:

Little sister: Fear Factory CD (my dad won't let her listen to metal)

Faschist!

To my mom,
4 stainless steel steak knives, Carcassonne (board game), fleece throw (brown), soft-fiber bath robe (beige).

To my brother,
Ali G Show Da Compleet Seereez (box set), Pirates 2 DVD.

To my other brother,
Baldur's Gate 2 collection, The Godfather DVD box set.

To my sister-in-law,
Flat-bottom glass bowl, 600g fancy coffee beans, Corpse Bride DVD, 4 stainless steel steak knives

To my nephew,
Car mat that turns into a toy storage box, a large book on earth and space, a large book on animals, a stuffed triceratops.

To my neighbors/friends,
Munchkin (board game), t-shirt that says "Big hands, big feet, you do the math" (very much applies to him).

To myself,
Wii console, Zelda Twilight Princess, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Elebits, Wii Remote, Wii Nunchuck, Duracell AA/AAA battery recharger, 8 Duracell rechargable batteries

And here is what I received:
Cooking Basics For Dummies book, Snatch (DVD), Sirius Satellite Radio Kit (which I will return because I have no use for it).

Yeah so I feel like I was kicked in the face this holiday season.

Mom - 2 cds she wanted, latest Josh Groban and Il Divo cds

Dad - Eric Clapton concert tickets

Brother - Metal muff and Bass balls guitar pedals

Aunts & cousins - bottles of homemade red vino

Nonna - chocolate and same cds my mom wanted

Grandpa - rare Chuck Berry DVD that can only be purchased in the US and chocolate

DeumReaper said:

You must tell us wich 1 now!!1!!

The Greatest Hits album. They didn't have Obsolete.

I only had like $7 or something in my bank account. So I spent $1.50 on poster board, $1.50 for a package envelope, and $4.00 for some colored pencils. With which I made a large Christmas card for Sarah.

Together we made some bread together for my parents. I also made the spaghetti sauce for a Christmas party on the 22nd, which people seemed to really like.

Mum: Crazy new age ritual chalice thing, with leaves and pentagram decorations. Brain training handheld game.

Dad: 'The Prisoner' complete DVD boxset.

Mum & Dad: 'Derren Brown: A Trick of the Mind' book.

Brother: 'The Armando Iannucci Shows' DVD. 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' book.

Sister & Boyfriend: 4 foot silver inflatable Dalek.

Female cousins: Girly pink stationery sets.

Male cousin: 'Little Britain - Live' DVD

Grandma: Thorntons Continental Chocolates collection.

I've listed these elsewhere, but to sum up

Mum/Dad: ornamental pot and pepper grinder
Two of my brothers got board games
One of my brothers got a knife
my aunty a book

My sexy teamleader at work, a treasure chest filled with liquor chocolates, whiskey cigars and a rubber snake - seeing as her partner might have something to say about getting her lingerie :D

Mom: Massage chair (she's a student therapist), PDA, leather briefcase-ish thing, sweater, manicure kit.
Grandpa: Knife, brass bear statue, coffee cup, and something else...
Grandma: Shirt, slippers, other clothing
Dog: Two new toys

I got wifey the fox and the hound dvd, a claddagh ring thats one size too small, and a queen elizabeth I doll from the unemployed philosophers guild. for my niece I got the little mermaid dvd and for my nephew I got this ball toss thingy. wifeys mom and sis got gift cards and her nephew got a mets hat, just to rub it in to the yankee fan ex-husband. couldn't get anything for anyone else cuz money sucked this year.

Girlfriend: a cd player alarm clock (no one should have to wake up to the radio) that "commies aren't cool" che guevara shirt, a silver bracelet, and my mother and I collaborated on a Cacodemon stuffed pillow. She loves doom, and thinks Cacodemon's are really cute.
Brother: Pavement (slanted and enchanted) and some nice deerskin gloves.
Mother: Stuffed bear thing... and the fox and the hound 2... ugh.
Dad: 100 rounds of .45 ACP and a hickory farms gift basket thing... because I never know what to get him.

Girlfriend: Links Awakening, Oracle of Ages and Seasons, LoZ Wind Waker, Iron Maiden Number of the Beast Shirt, and a promise ring.
Edit: And my dick in a box.
Mom:Bronze Egyption Cat Statue
Dad: T-Shirt and a Remote Control Holder for a couch.

Bloodskull said:
Edit: And my dick in a box.

Who? Is Edit the male equivalent of Edith?

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)