Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jobro

Editing interludes

Ok 2 questions:

1. I'm working on a simgleplayer wad for Doom2 and I just want to know how do I edit the interludes between the levels?

Can I insert new interludes between other levels as well?

2. One of the secret levels in Doom2 has a message shown at it's startup saying something, can one add own messages to display and how?

You can use dehacked to edit the intermission texts in vanilla doom. You cannot insert more intermissions unless you're using a source port that allows it.

How do I edit intermission texts in Dehacked? Tried to find them but didn't even come close to find them.

Try within Dehacked by switching to the F7 text editor (press F7) and searching (press G) for a text you remember was within the original text interlude. So to modify the MAP30 ending text (which contains "horrendous visage"), search for "visage".

Make sure you've got the right doom executable files in dehacked.ini. No Doom95.exe supported, no port exe supported. Make sure that the Doom.exe or Doom2.exe have the right size (there could be something commented out in dehacked.ini that says this size) so you don't see something screwed up in DeHackEd.

I heard somewhere that you can in Zdoom script intermission sequences. Any info on that somewhere?