Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Udderdude

Released Map : Forgotten Place

The layout is k and there's some nice connectivity, but the gameplay is crap with the limited ammo/health and weaponry and uninspired monster placement.

Tedious and boring.

Belial said:

The layout is k and there's some nice connectivity, but the gameplay is crap with the limited ammo/health and weaponry and uninspired monster placement.

Ok, I can understand 'uninspired monster placement' .. I was going for more of a monster overload thing. I know my previous maps are more focused on specific encounters, this one really isn't. In fact, I had alot more people complain about the trap encounters in my previous maps. I noticed you liked Reversi, and this is pretty much the opposite of that.

But limited health/ammo/weapons? You get everything except the chainsaw (You get bezerk instead)/plasma/BFG, and it's easily beatble with plenty of ammo left over. I was actually considering putting in less health/ammo! :P

I know I probably could've conserved shells with ZDoom's easy tysoning, in the end I had to tyson the cyber :P

Dunno if it's intended or not, but you could mention something in the textfile that would encourage making use of the berserk fist more often.

Edit: Oh, and there were quite a few places where I could hit switches through the floor/bars/railings.

Edit2: Fisting those demon/spectre packs did make enough of a difference ammo-wise, but still, for a map of this size to take 37 minutes to beat is way too long IMO.

I know I probably could've conserved shells with ZDoom's easy tysoning, in the end I had to tyson the cyber :P

Dunno if it's intended or not, but you could mention something in the textfile that would encourage making use of the berserk fist more often.

You mean people actually read those things? Kidding aside, there's not much I could do to encourage it's use. Like what happened to you, if you don't punch now, you'll end up punching later.

Edit: Oh, and there were quite a few places where I could hit switches through the floor/bars/railings.

I went back and tested the map again, and there was one place I found I could do that. Could you tell me where you found them by PM maybe?

Allright, I've released a new version of it, with those switch bugs fixed, took out a few monsters and added the plasma gun in there. Also removed one area early in the map.