Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Which DOOM logo do you like more

Excluding the original DOOM logo we all know and love, which one do you like more.

-Final DOOM
-DOOM 64
-DOOM III: The Legacy
-DOOM III
-DOOM, the movie
-Other (some used in a mod, commercial or not, or book, as far as the word is DOOM and it isn't the classic logo).

I think I choose DOOM 64 or Final DOOM (I always liked this one for some reason) logos.

Probably goes something like this:

1. Doom 64
2. Doom III (old logo)
3. Doom 3 (new logo)
4. Original Doom Logo
5. Doom Movie
6. Final Doom

AgentSpork, that DP was probably divine punishment for putting the real logo at #4.

I'll say the logo from the v0.2 alpha, if I have to choose one.

The DOOM 3 logo is decent (but the beta one was fugly).

I thought the Doom III logo was awesome (the one from the leaked alpha) but I think it gives off the impression that its actually a sequel to Doom II story-wise, so for the final version of Doom 3 the Doom³ was a better choice.
The Doom64 was kickass too since they made the letters more 3D not to mention the signature pentagram.

myk said:

AgentSpork, that DP was probably divine punishment for putting the real logo at #4.

I'll say the logo from the v0.2 alpha, if I have to choose one.

The DOOM 3 logo is decent (but the beta one was fugly).

How can you like the .02 alpha logo and hate the old Doom 3 logo. They were both designed to look like decayed rock.

Technician said:
How can you like the .02 alpha logo and hate the old Doom 3 logo.

I said I hate the DOOM 3 logo? Plus it looks techy, sort of like the original. It's the DOOM III one that I don't really like; it looks like burnished steel with Mars reflected on it (which looks blocky and gay). The v0.2 one seems to be the base for the original one, perhaps made from a mold. It has a techy upper part and a cementlike lower part.

The DooM logo rules. All others are based on it, either being more or less coloured. Both retail sequels' logos look kinda degenerated, hollow, shallow and all that (I'm strictly referring to the logos one sees on the main menu.) The alpha DooM III logo is indeed too glittered and fat. I would have liked it if it were similar to DooM II's (and if Doom 3 itself would have used the same engine as Doom 1 & 2 :P )

My ranking would be something like:

1. Doom
2. Doom 3 (newer)

All the rest are pretty awful. Most of the other ones try too hard. I guess Final Doom's is decent, but boring and not terribly memorable. Even the final Doom 3 one comes nowhere near the original, since I like the details on it and it's more aesthetically appealing. Also that 3 for cubed just looks dumb and the trademark symbol stands out too much.

Vegeta said:

I think I choose DOOM 64 or Final DOOM (I allwas liked this one for some reason) logos.

What's so great about the Final Doom logo? It's not even a logo. It's just text on a black square.

The ASCII one from the original Doom FAQ v6.666 (which in retrospect seems very, very naive :-p)

The "DOOM64" logo is the best. And it inspired the design of the Doom movie logo,(I'm speaking of the movie screen saver, not the movie poster)and the older alfa design DOOM3 logo with the bland red pic of the mars atmospher inside of the letters. I still like the classic DOOM logo as second best, and as far as all the other DOOM logos go.....ummmmmm.

Tsar,