Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Where to find new monsters ?

Hi, I am looking for new monsters to add in my wad, maybe you have good ones ? I allready have ones included in the monsters resources wad.

I wonder if the monsters we see on the bestiary sites if we can get them somewhere ?

I dunno where to get new ones, but here is how you can create new ones:

Use blender.org]Blender to create your own animations, then export pictures from it. Each animation requires you to export pictures from 8 different directions around the monster.

You can rip enemies from other games with the proper tools. Build games (Blood, Duke Nukem, Witchaven, Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior, etc.)have free tools to do this.

Yes you can use EditArt to rip such images, remember that they are storing the images in frames in one big file which means that you can much easier recolor them in the proper engine.

Oh yeah, and they are using Magenta rgb(255,0,255) as transparency rather than Doom's rgb(0,255,255).

Very interesting jobro. I downloaded and tried to run Blender thinking the same thing, but couldn't understand how to use it at all. I was thinking of suggesting the same using clay models or miniatures and a digital camera. (like IdGames and others actually did) Most of the sprites in the Star Wars TC's were made using the Kenner action figures.

I also never knew that about EditArt either. I used Dragon UnPACKer to extract the sprite images in .art files INDIVIDUALLY, then another program to resize and convert the palette. Man. This could have saved me a lot of time and headache a year ago when I was working on all this for a Blood TC! :)

Mewdoom, you also just check through the IdGames database here and download some of the mod files in the "combos" section.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?dir=

Lots of cool stuff to use that might work for what you need, just give proper credit to those who spent the time making them.

If you want to rip the pigcop out of D3d you open editart and go down to texture 2000 (press G and enter 2000).