Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

fantastic 4: rise of the silver surfer trailer

silver surfer has great potential to star in his own movie, but the problem is in fact that not many people outside the comic book world are in depthly familiar with him. The new FF4 movie can sort of "squeeze him in" so more people can recognize him.

I saw the trailer for the movie during the previews before A Night at the Museum, and I agree with surfer looking totally kickass.

Damn, that does look bad ass. I didn't care much for the first FF movie, but because of the Surfer, I might actually go see this one.

I wouldn't be surpriced if he got his own movie later. Kind of like how the Scorpion king got a movie after being in the Mummy returns or whatever it was called. Although, aside from being the same actor. I couldn't find any actual references between the Scorpion king in the both movies. Did anyone?

I heard something about them being in talks to make a Magneto movie as well, and some vague murmurings of a Mystique movie. A Wolvering movie would rule, with him finding out more about his past and hopefully kicking the shit out of Sabretooth and/or Omega Red (oooh, Omega Red in a movie...ownage). A Magneto movie would be pretty cool too. He's always been a pretty cool character, and kind of interesting considering he's like 5 steps away from being a good guy. (He was a hero in at least 2 alternate universes).

I personally would like to see a Juggernaut movie. Him rampaging through skyscrapers and bringing them down would own.....or maybe not....for obvious reasons.

This movie sure will have some big shoes to fill, considering the awesomeness of the first one. [/sarcasm]

I thought the FF movie was decent... better than Hulk or that crapfest Daredevil, but not nearly as good as, say... Spiderman or X-Men.

Wolverine and Magneto are both getting their own films, and there are talks of a fourth X-Men movie as well. I haven't heard anything about a Mystique movie.

And personally, I thought they really screwed up with the Juggernaut.

baronofhell said:

I personally would like to see a Juggernaut movie. Him rampaging through skyscrapers and bringing them down would own.....or maybe not....for obvious reasons.

It would also mean a movie starring Vinnie Jones. :D

Or they could totally fuck it up and not have him in it and make up some other stupid origin.

im thinking at first the ff4 is going to have some sort of conflict with surfer but then galactus is going to be introduced during some point in the film. ofcourse, like Danarchy said, they could not have galactus in it and just screw up the movie

caco_killer said:

The trailer makes it look like the Silver Surfer is the villain of the movie.

Well he originally was a villain (being a pawn of someone trying to swallow the Universe and all), so that's a good sign.

caco_killer said:

The trailer makes it look like the Silver Surfer is the villain of the movie.

When he first came to earth he was. Basicly Sufers job was to lead Galactus to planets he could "eat". Earth was going to be Galactus's next meal.

yeah, he is gonna start as villain in the movie. the synopsis on the official web site calls him "the intergalactic herald" who "comes to earth to prepare it for destruction." they also mention the return of dr. doom, so I'm assuming that he may try and steal teh surfers powers, like he has tried to do in the past in the comics, and the FF save him. I think they might intro galactus at the end to set up for the third movie.

Danarchy said:

Or they could totally fuck it up and not have him in it and make up some other stupid origin.

That would cause such an incredible amount of nerd rage that it'd become a critic flop.

VileSlay said:

I think they might intro galactus at the end to set up for the third movie.

If this one involves Galactus heavily, I'm guessing that the Negative Zone would be the central plot for the third movie if it's ever produced. Maybe alternate universes (which are always cool in my book), but I doubt that'd happen.

Wow the first one sucked so hard. Instead of fighting dr doom they were fightin with each other. Plus, I thought silver surfer was a good guy.

Also, Silver Surfer is the most badassed son of a bitch looking superhero ever! He rocks!