Find results in...

Is this wad/mod cool?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is this wad/mod cool?

• Great Idea!
    • It\'s pretty good.
    • Na I don\'t like it.
    • Stop smoking crack, Imp Slayer!

Lemme get this stright with you people. I am not asking you to make this wad for me I am just throwing out an idea.

AVP.wad?

You are liek arnold swatznegger(Spelling) and you are goign through the jungle to kill the last of the predators(Hell knight/mancubus/Baron reskin?). Along the way, you find some teleporter that takes you to the pyramid in AVP and you see a lot of aliens (Imp reskin?). Anyway, you have to get out of the pyramid to find that the city is overrun by Predators and aliens and the final boss is an elder predator (Cyberdemon).

Your best weapon is the plasma gun (Obtained on last level)
Main weapon shotgun, chaingun, supershottie.
LOTS of infighting between aliens and predators.
3 levels?

Tell me if you like the wad/mod/whatever

Again I'm not "asking" anyone to make this mod/wad. I just wanna see if ppl like it.

alterworldruler said:

Do it yourself idiot if you're good boy PERIOD

And then it can get foxed.

So, umm, let me see if I got it right...you are asking if a three-level wad with stock doom monster (changing their sprites doesn't, you know, make them any different enemies...) and no BFG would be cool?

...yes, it COULD be cool if you could make good maps. Period.

There's already a wad with both, Aliens, and Predator sprites, also some space marine weapons (plus proper textures).

BTW, ask everybody here, we all have ideas for TCs, the problem is the lack of time/motivation to execute them.

Let put things in a diferent way. Imagine you're an experienced mapper, you know all the trics. Somebody you don't know apears and ask "hey do some maps for me, they must be blah de blah bleh blah..".

Would you REALLY design maps for this person?

Imagine everybody asking "hey can someone make maps for me, perhaps a megawad or a Tc".

Edit: I forgot the period.

Nobody will do maps for you unless you show some decent stuff you already did for the project, period.

Impslayer...please...listen to me. I'm guessing you're new to the Internet/online forums/communities judging by your posts on the zdaemon forums, and here. So I'm going to give you a few simple tips.

1. Seriously think long and hard about starting a new topic, think about :
Do people want to hear it?
Do they care?
Do i sound egotistical or overly submissive?
Is this topic relevant to the forum?
Does this sound like a cry for attention?
Will I get flamed for this?
Is this a flame?
Is my spelling and grammar at least partly readable?
Do I know the standards in the community, and am i ready to conform to these standards?
Have I read the rules?
Is anyone else posting like this and getting positive feedback?
Am I being polite?
Are there any other posts like this?
Is this post reasonable?
Has this already been posted before?
Am I likely to get in trouble for posting this?
Do i sound like an idiot?
Should i be sarcastic or should i be straightforward?

Those are but a few of the things you should think of before posting. Until you're positive you can make a logical, reasonable post, its best to just sit back and read everyone else's.

You should also know that people really dont care about your life problems. Everyone has their own.

Also, mapping and projects are taken pretty seriously around here, and there are some standards you should know.

1. Unless you have done some work on a project and have something to show for it then you aren't very likely to get help on it.
2. Don't post about a wad unless you are aty least %75 sure you can finish it. These people have seen far too many "im doing a huge megawad" followed by "huge megawad canceled" post.
3. Don't ask other people to make YOU a map. its ok to ask for a project, but you have to prove you're can also contribute to the project(usally by mapping)
4. Most people here have been mapping for a very long time, or playing wads for a very long time, so its a good idea not to announce your 20 sector 1995(a very low detailed, poor quality) wad, its bound for a flame.
5. Avoid posting about a project when you have done 0 work on it.
6. Make sure the project idea isnt complete ass.

Don't take this as a flame. Take it as advice. you can listen to me, or you can flame me and face others flaming you back. You should be careful what you post and who you bad mouth to, there are admins here that CAN ban you.

Th0r said:

lots of advices

I'm guessing he didn't follow any of those rules because he was joking around. Anyway...
Why wuold anyone make a mod baesed on yor crapy ideea of a wad? evrey won is busy working on my super cool big ubar leet megawad called RUNESCAPE: THE MEGAWAD based on the hit and bestest MMORPG in the entire univars. its kool cuz you jst sit ther and click teh same spot 200x to cach a lobster just loiek in teh reel game.

Whats wrong with making normal doom wads, keep the doom feeling thats my motto :p
Can't say I like the idea very much but if you like the idea yourself I say go for it.

There was an AVP wad for EDGE a while ago, when 1.29 first came out. It had hi-res textures, lots of dynamic lights and some good alien sprites, but shitty level design and was effectively unplayable. And of course there is also the infamous Aliens VS Predator VS Terminator which such joys as flying facehuggers, an alien queen with a Cyberdemon rocket launcher and a T-1000 that crashes the game when you look at him

EDIT: Oh my god, i just read the first post and almost feel bad that i made a sensible reply to it, and a poll too... reminds me of somebody on a GTA (Says it all, really) Forum once who asked if somebody could make a certian type of car, and then had obviously just clicked every tick box he could find, it was like "CAN U MAKE A GT500 4 ME?" and then a poll with Yes and No answers, and he had disabled replies!. Then about a month later the post re-appears at the top, he had added his own reply, saying "REPLY" but had still blocked anybody else from replying!

Vegeta said:

There's already a wad with both, Aliens, and Predator sprites, also some space marine weapons (plus proper textures).

BTW, ask everybody here, we all have ideas for TCs, the problem is the lack of time/motivation to execute them.

Let put things in a diferent way. Imagine you're an experienced mapper, you know all the trics. Somebody you don't know apears and ask "hey do some maps for me, they must be blah de blah bleh blah..".

Would you REALLY design maps for this person?

Imagine everybody asking "hey can someone make maps for me, perhaps a megawad or a Tc".

Edit: I forgot the period.

Nobody will do maps for you unless you show some decent stuff you already did for the project, period.

I never wanted anyone to make it at all I just wanted to see what people thought

Th0r said:

Impslayer...please...listen to me. I'm guessing you're new to the Internet/online forums/communities judging by your posts on the zdaemon forums, and here. So I'm going to give you a few simple tips.

1. Seriously think long and hard about starting a new topic, think about :
Do people want to hear it?
Do they care?
Do i sound egotistical or overly submissive?
Is this topic relevant to the forum?
Does this sound like a cry for attention?
Will I get flamed for this?
Is this a flame?
Is my spelling and grammar at least partly readable?
Do I know the standards in the community, and am i ready to conform to these standards?
Have I read the rules?
Is anyone else posting like this and getting positive feedback?
Am I being polite?
Are there any other posts like this?
Is this post reasonable?
Has this already been posted before?
Am I likely to get in trouble for posting this?
Do i sound like an idiot?
Should i be sarcastic or should i be straightforward?

Those are but a few of the things you should think of before posting. Until you're positive you can make a logical, reasonable post, its best to just sit back and read everyone else's.

You should also know that people really dont care about your life problems. Everyone has their own.

Also, mapping and projects are taken pretty seriously around here, and there are some standards you should know.

1. Unless you have done some work on a project and have something to show for it then you aren't very likely to get help on it.
2. Don't post about a wad unless you are aty least %75 sure you can finish it. These people have seen far too many "im doing a huge megawad" followed by "huge megawad canceled" post.
3. Don't ask other people to make YOU a map. its ok to ask for a project, but you have to prove you're can also contribute to the project(usally by mapping)
4. Most people here have been mapping for a very long time, or playing wads for a very long time, so its a good idea not to announce your 20 sector 1995(a very low detailed, poor quality) wad, its bound for a flame.
5. Avoid posting about a project when you have done 0 work on it.
6. Make sure the project idea isnt complete ass.

Don't take this as a flame. Take it as advice. you can listen to me, or you can flame me and face others flaming you back. You should be careful what you post and who you bad mouth to, there are admins here that CAN ban you.

zaedemon forums who teh hell is that? I went to 1 other forum 1 year ago called planetdoom but that's all

Th0r said:

Way to lie imp slayer, you made this post not too long ago : http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=9463

What the hell! Omg I know who this is! This is my friend who used this accoutn on planetdoom...

My original and only doom foru maccoutn I made 1 year ago: http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdoom/user.asp?gid=58976852&mid=2344111

It wasn't mine, it was my friend's but I thought the name... Hoyl shit, I can't believe he is still alive

Lol, I could probably believe you if you say "another user (unknown) with the same nick name", but that was bullshit.