Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jobro

Questions regarding music and ACS

1. So I have a scripted start for map01, now I found out that I can change the music, but how do I specify a music from another level?

2. Can I fadeout the music, then stop the current track. Set the volume back to it's previous value and start another track by passingg a sector?

3. Can I lock the player's start position until a script has been completed?

1. So I have a scripted start for map01, now I found out that I can change the music, but how do I specify a music from another level?

Set the music to the lump name of the music you want

2. Can I fadeout the music, then stop the current track. Set the volume back to it's previous value and start another track by passingg a sector?

Volume control doesnt seem to be possible yet, its already being discussed on a forum for various problems it could cause. A track can be stopped by assigning another track or a track that is 'quiet'. Some of this has already been done in RTC-3057 wad. The tracks have a static noise in between changes instead of a fader.

3. Can I lock the player's start position until a script has been completed?

setplayerproperty(1, 1, prop_totallyfrozen); to freeze
setplayerproperty(1, 0, prop_totallyfrozen); to unfreeze

Thanks, I've imported the track from Doom1 E3M7, but it will not play no matter what I do or don't.

Using the SetMusic command in ACS will change the current music. If you copied the music directly from one wad to another the command would look like: Setmusic("D_E3M7"); If you are not using ACS, then rename the lump of the music you want to play to the name of the level it will be played on: 'D_E1M1'.