Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rossfox

Erm

I just started this whole doom builder thing. I have read the manual a few times. I'm trying to find the part in it that talks about how to stretch a texture across a large wall, instead of it being tiled across it. I've been trying to figure it out for a few days now. Can anyone give me a hint or anything? Thanks.

Doing so is actually impossible with Doom. There might be some strange way to do it with ZDoom, but I doubt it. :\

Well, I am using zdoom, and I am using doom 2's wad textures and junk. It really sucks that you can't create a sky without having a bunch of little skies tiled everywhere. What would be the best texture for creating skies then? It would be nice to make an outdoor level.

Most people don't use wall textures to make a sky, they will use flats, which go on floors and ceilings. Set the ceiling of the outdoor sectors that you want to have the sky at to F_SKY1 and then Doom will fill in the default sky texture for that level.

Rossfox said:

Well, I am using zdoom, and I am using doom 2's wad textures and junk. It really sucks that you can't create a sky without having a bunch of little skies tiled everywhere. What would be the best texture for creating skies then? It would be nice to make an outdoor level.

Learn how things work before you criticise them. KTNXBAI

kristus said:

Learn how things work before you criticise them. KTNXBAI

I agree with you. Look thru the entire flats library before posting your rant.

Rossfox said:

Uh, yeah .. you're using an engine based code written in 1993. Do you really expect it to be super-clean and modernly designed?

Besides, only the most recent engines (Doom 3, etc.) use whole textures for the sky (I think ..)

thanks for the info people. I definently went through the whole flats library. My problem was though, that I didn't know you paste flats on the sky. But everything is good now. I'm currently making a city level, and I'm almost done. It's a night level and it kinda looks like downtown Las Vegas or something. Now I'm just seeing if I can make street lamps or street lights. I'd post a small picture of the level, but paint doesn't display it in the correct colors. Oh well.

Rossfox said:

I'd post a small picture of the level, but paint doesn't display it in the correct colors. Oh well.

Just save as PNG or JPEG, not as 8-bit GIF or BMP. Paint handles indexed palettes terribly.