Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tai

OMG, Carnevil's leaving Skulltag!!

Heh, that's what happens when you base your happiness upon the praise you receive and the amount of people using your port.

Good for him if he wants to leave. But actually, he's just running in fear from the oncoming ODAMEX.

In any case, NightFang quit ZDaemon ages ago. This only makes them equal.

Dr. Zin said:
Doom multi is overrated anyway.

Your titless and toothless mom didn't feed you well when you were small!

If you read Meph's post in the new link I gave, where Carn officially annouces his departure, I think that says it best. I was purged from Skulltag because I bashed the community in a subtle way, and a purge later (I'm unpurged now), that same community has driven him away from Skulltag.

Myk, NightFang actually gave ZD to someone reliable. Maybe if Carn will do the same, ST has hope. Otherwise, I doubt it.

Belial said:

Heh, I can already see the place go further downhill with Queen Bitch in charge :P

Hahaha, you win.

Crazy stuff. It strikes me as a strange time to jump ship, what with the new 97 series, the new website, the new wiki and skullstuff reviews. Just as all these things come to fruition, he decides to leave.

An interesting note is that Carn has given the Skulltag source to Randy and graf, so it's possible that the project might be able to continue in some form. It depends on whether or not the code is made public and, if so, whether someone steps in to take up the role of lead programmer. Or better yet, more than one person.

Also, whatever people's opinions of the individuals Carn has left in charge of the Skulltag community, there's no excuse for the spamming that was witnessed earlier in #skulltag and on the forums. What's the point? It only makes you look like a monumental fuckwit.

//EDIT

Okay, apparently the code isn't being released. What a waste. Long live ODAMEX and its open source ethical stance.

He has given much of his free time to the community for years. Time for a little personal time sure should not be an issue for anyone. Not like his personal time is any of our business anyway. People do burn out after donating so much of their time to any project. Sounds like this may just be a break. And a really well deserved break. We should just thank him for what he has done and wish him the best.

DooMAD said:

Also, whatever people's opinions of the individuals Carn has left in charge of the Skulltag community, there's no excuse for the spamming that was witnessed earlier in #skulltag and on the forums. What's the point? It only makes you look like a monumental fuckwit.

Duh, it's fun!

Good riddance. Also, what better way to keep a port stable then to hand it over to somebody who is angry at the world and bans everyone.

Smart man getting out. I'm sure being stuck with a bunch of fucking retards can take its toll (mainly on your sanity).

viva odamex and suchlike

Well, from where I see it, Carn has given this community a lot of positive things. He has now decided that he wants to do something else. I thank him for what he has done and wish him luck with whatever he goes on to do next.

Joe said:

Smart man getting out. I'm sure being stuck with a bunch of fucking retards can take its toll (mainly on your sanity).

Confirm.

Scuba Steve said:

Thank god! Now Carn won't pester me on IRC about drawing shit for Skulltag... because I am spineless and always do it.

I haven't bothered you about anything in over a year.

I know, probably because the last time you asked, I said I would and never did anything :P

Anyways, thanks for Skulltag Carn. I too should get out of here while I can...

Me and Carn don't get along, you could say.

Still, gotta respect the guy, somewhat, I mean, he has spent a lot of his free time working on a project for the community.

I dunno what the specifics are about, what do people have to complain about ST? The only thing I can think of is the RG shoots too damn fast (it needs a delay between shots, IMO) and the GL is just batshit (Carn does agree the GL "has gameplay issues"). Other than that, ST is ok.

For the programmers, ST isn't exactly open source, which may piss them off, but in the end, it is fruitless. Enjoy the fruits of a mans labor and give him a little slack.

BTW, he's not leaving, AFAIK.

Tai said:

Myk, NightFang actually gave ZD to someone reliable.

Reliable at the time, but now just spends most of his time trying to... get close with certain members of the community and becomes their puppet.

Am I the only one who thinks that the multiplayer community mostly consists of immature kiddies that are in desperate need to grow up...? :?

Not really. When I was a ZDaemon staff member during 2005 I had hope that it'd become a better place, but I eventually gave that up and got banned for it.

I already posted my thoughts in the ST forum, however one other thing is that while I'm not sure if Carn stopped liking me jokingly (in the way almost everyone did on IRC since I'm not the most popular Doomer) or if he really found me to be annoying (I hope not, I don't want to have to think of myself as being one of the people who helped destroy ST), there was a time before that when we were on good terms with each other and I remember I would be hosting servers, and he went on to one, and me, Carn and like a steady stream of 4 or 5 other people were LMSing and it was just so much fun. That was probably a while ago, but I remember talking to Carn on IRC afterwards, and he thanked me for setting it up and said he had a lot of fun :P that was probably two years ago and i've been looking through my old #skulltag logs but cant find anything. except a lot of dumb convos I remember like yesterday. lol. time flies