Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

rap music

Is that real? Seems kind of fabricated. Rap was emerging in the late 70s though, so it could be.

I could be wrong, but, I think this is a fake. If I'm not mistaken, rap music in the early days was known as HIP HOP, not Rap. At least in New York, but, if this is a fake, it's just another way to make fun of the genre. I was a big fan of the music in my teenage years, but not so much anymore. It's still the best for parties, but that's about it for me.

Rap has been known as rap since the beginning. "Hip hop music" is basically its alternate name. Rap is one of the three big points of the hip hop culture. There was rap, breaking, and tagging IIRC.

Hip hop

Rapping may seem retarded, but from a vocalist perspective, it's very hard to do properly. You have to flow naturally, like a river, forced rhymes always sound weak. A rapper like Nas or Tupac can use the English language to create an astounding masterpiece. Changes by Tupac is a good example. Listen to how Tupac flows, it is incredible.

It is from a comedy show which purported to be something like "Tomorrow's World" (a show about new technologies) from the late 70's. There was another series which was based on 1960's educational videos shown in schools