Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Emotional manipulation

I was wondering if this were 'one of those things I'd only understand if I were in high school', but I'm leaning more towards 'torrent of masturbatory drivel'.

Seriously... if you're so in tune with the simple, transparent mind-games that people play, then you'd be able to call them on their bullshit and proceed to obliterate their fragile egos until they become groveling weaklings begging you to love them. Except the only person I've heard of who has ever accomplished that is me, so this must not be common knowledge.

Heh, i remember the bullies on my school bus claiming that my mum had rung up on her mobile phone to say she couldnt get me from the bus stop (which is about 5 miles from where i live down a fast road which at that time had no pavement) expecting me to panic. Except at that time my mum didnt have a mobile phone and a taxi to my house would have been like £3, so thier attempt kind of failed. That had nothing to do with the thread.

Seems kinda satirical.

Anyone who would actually go to that much trouble to ruin a friendship has their priorities seriously whacked.

Megalyth said:

Seems kinda satirical.

Anyone who would actually go to that much trouble to ruin a friendship has their priorities seriously whacked.

lol its satirical because they probably arent actually thinking thats how they could ruin a friendship, but thats what they do. the article is written sarcastically, describing how messed up someone is.

Also, it isn't bullying in the sense that its two people who never talk, it's someone who I was/am friends with except I haven't been able to put up with his crap for a while now. I should note however, that I'm not just sitting here doing nothing about it either :P I've been pointing stuff out and distancing myself from him, and ignoring his attempts for attention and I think slowly he's realizing it isn't going to work anymore, but it took me longer than it should have to realize how much he lied, and I realized one thing I never should have done was doubt myself. Because I trusted him, I would doubt my self and it took me longer than it should have to realize that I was much more right and knew my life much better, and he was lying about a lot of stuff for his own personal gain. It's hard though when you think it's somebody you can trust; naturally I wouldn't be so easily tricked by some random person I hate, but when it's someone you think you know, you start second-guessing yourself because why would they want to lie to you? Big mistake, do NOT do it. I'm glad I had the experience sooner rather than later, but it still pisses me off.