Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prower

ATTENTION: ALIEN VENDETTA KICKS ASS

Read the comments for that headline if you want info on the name change.

heh, that's old, there's even a free hissy banner there.

demise isn't even hosted yet. ahh memories... hmm, if I wasn't there, it means I was at newdoom.com, ahh nightmares.

Map11 - Nemesis:

In the cave beyond the great marble bastion, there is a missing lower texture at the area with imps, a baron of hell, and a blue torch (the elevated area to the right of the waterfall with the arch-vile and the soul sphere).

I finally got my networking to work semi-properly, so I tranferred the av.zip to my upstairs computer and started playing. Damn thats an awesome wad.
Awesome lighting effects...
Great architecture...
Cool traps (the end of MAP02 was great)...
And they made full use of the engine.
This is probably the best megawad I've ever played. Unfortunately, I'm kinda stuck on MAP07 (the Dead Simple rip-off). I can't seem to get past the pit where the exit signs are. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...
The only downsides to this wad are that there are a bit too much enemies (and from what I've read I haven't seen anything yet), and there are some things that didn't seem right (of course Doom2 was full of those).

The only downsides to this wad are that there are a bit too much enemies (and from what I've read I haven't seen anything yet)

Wait 'til you see No Guts No Glory...

I'm kinda stuck on MAP07 (the Dead Simple rip-off). I can't seem to get past the pit where the exit signs are. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...

Kill the spiders... And make sure that you don't kill the last 2 spiders within a second or so, or else you'll get the map07 bug which prevents you from exiting.

I knew it! Once I'm away for awhile something big happens!
Well I just downloaded the smaller zip, but I won't be able to play it until friday :(

Does anyone know how that works with Zdoom 1.23 b28a, or Jdoom. I guess I could try with EDGE, but since it doesn't even run MM2 right it's not really an option.

BTW, 1600 MONSTERS! And I tought Hell Revealed was hard...

I`m sorry about that missing lower texture in my map11 Nemesis. I hope it doesn`t bother you too much:)

Could've used some Zaldron texture magic eh? ;)

Actually, as far as the maps go, that's more along my lines. There was bunch of little things like dirt textures on doors and wrong-colored stone floors, stone ceilings on wooden crossbeams, etc. that really bugs me and is what I'm going over all the old Millennium maps correcting right now.

Does this mean it will be out in time for the start of the next one, then? ;)

ive played all the way through to the last level on im too young to die, and all i can say is WOW. Level 30 is STRAIGHT OUT OF YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES.

whatever the FUCK you do do NOT fall off the edges

good job with the music, i like how they play wiht youre expectations... genius

good job with the transitions, my favorite has to be from level 7 to level 8, i love how you "drop down"

cleverly done and excellent wad all around, the last levels the best

ive played all the way through to the last level on im too young to die,

*Laughs hysterically

*Laughs hysterically

And you played it through on UV I suppose?

*Laughs hysterically

I ADMIT IT I SUCK

not everyone has hand eye coordination

I dunno, to me the music was one of the weaker parts...more Tolwyn/Klem Requiem/Strain/MM2 kind of stuff would have been better, I thought. Some of the music selections were excellent, however. Especially the tune for "Toxic Touch"

I dunno, to me the music was one of the weaker parts...more Tolwyn/Klem Requiem/Strain/MM2 kind of stuff would have been better, I thought. Some of the music selections were excellent, however. Especially the tune for "Toxic Touch"

i didnt want to spoil it, but i was talking about those songs you think you already know, and then theyll flip it with different instruments and vibrato and whatnot

Music? There's supposed to be music?

People who play Doom without the music suck.

Uh-oh...I'm not getting any music whatsoever, even with the volume turned all the way up...fucking Doom95.

*Laughs hysterically

Ummm.... You're not supposed to play it on UV unless you're a doom god. Because it simply won't be fun.

I'm playing it on Hey, Not Too Rough btw :)

Uh-oh...I'm not getting any music whatsoever, even with the volume turned all the way up...fucking Doom95.

That's why I always use source ports. Always.

*Laughs hysterically

Ummm.... You're not supposed to play it on UV unless you're a doom god. Because it simply won't be fun.

The only fun I'm not having on UV is a huge challenge.

Then again, I'm only up to map14.

I still haven't gone below 150% health/armor since I made my last post about having the same problem up to map07. But, it's still fun, even if it's no Hell Revealed. If there were a lot more monsters, I'd probably just flip on god mode and check out all the maps. It's cool the way it is, I just don't think it's too hard.

And I'm far from a Doom god.

with saving, I can all do all the Doom's except plutonia on UV until it comes to the boss shooter then I get fed-up of doing it again and again and give up.

Well when theres 1.6k monsters in a map, almost anywhere you shot your going to kill something.

Well when theres 1.6k monsters in a map, almost anywhere you shot your going to kill something.

And we've heard this how many times?