Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vera

Who here would vote for Barack Obama?

http://www.barackobama.com/

Is his relative inexperience in politics going to be manifest as delicacy when targeted with dirty tactics? By this I mean how will he react when the present incarnation of fucker starts behaving the way Hunter S. Thompson decribes one of the worst, Lyndon B. Johnson (1948):

"He was sunk in despair. He was desperate... he called his equally depressed campaign manager and instructed him to.....accuse his high-riding opponent (the pig farmer) of having routine carnal knowledge of his barnyard sows, despite the pleas of his wife and children... His campaign manager was shocked. 'We can't say that, Lyndon,' he said. 'It's not true.' 'Of course it's not,' Johnson barked at him, 'but let's make the bastard deny it.'"

and yo can he flow over this wu banger, god?

CAMOUFLAGE CHAMELEON
NINJAS SCALIN' YOUR BUILDIN'

“The pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for Democrats. But I’ve got news for them…We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America”

Holy shit, I like this guy already. Is he running independant?

He's a Democrat.

I'm not so sure, he strikes me as politician to the core. All I have heard from him are feel-good type platitudes, and not much actual substance.

Danarchy said:
Is he running independant?

Which type, Republicrat or Demoplican?

It's a sad state of affairs when this man, and his policies take a back seat to republican smearing of him because of his middle name and cnn "mispronouncing" his last. Poor guy.

On the other hand, you have hillary...

Dr. Zin said:

All I have heard from him are feel-good type platitudes, and not much actual substance.

Sounds like the minnesota state of the state I listened to today...or any political speech really.

Yeah, all politicians are full of hot air, but he is especially being pimped by his party and the media. The way some people feel about him you'd think that he cured cancer whilst nursing orphaned kittens. Really, what has he done besides make some uplifting speeches?

I'd state my opinions on the current state of the American government and public, but I don't think anyone is interested in my personal rants.

I wouldn't. Not because he's a Democrat; I'd vote for a highly qualified Democrat if I felt they were right for the time. I just really haven't felt there is anything special about this guy at all; the media is making him out to be this great potential candidate, but I don't see it. I also wouldn't vote for Hilary, but I'm in good company there. On that note, I wouldn't vote for McCain, as he's way too extreme even for my tastes. I think we're going to be fucked either way in 2008.

Wait, I'm a felon. I can't vote. Oh well.

I think the question should be, would you vote for him over Hillary Clinton? ::makes gagging noises::

Hillary was voted Most Likely to Turn the Human Race Into Mindless Robot Slaves in high school.

I think I'd rather vote for ANY candidates the Dems happen to cough up over Hillary. Even Al Sharpton. *shudder* On the other hand, I'd vote for McCain over a lot of potential Democrat candidates. He truly seems like the sort that can unite this country and put it on the right path (not the Right path *bud-um cshh*).

I don't know enough about Barack to vote for him and would never cast a vote for the Reptilian...er, "Hillary", so I guess it's McCain for me!

I guess Hillary must suck quite a bunch if people start thinking about voting something like McCain at this point, just to avoid her.

I actually like McCain. He's a very down to earth person and I respect him. I doubt voting Democrat would solve any of the problems with the White House we have today, anyway. Same shit, different party.

Hilary Clinton is Hot even though she's like, 60 or something.

did i just type that out loud? oh shi...

I would definitely vote for Obama, but I'd end up throwing my vote away. If he became front runner, the next president of the U.S. would be Republican.

Is it just me or dose Hilary Clinton all most come off as a power hungry nut job? If any thing she would be the next Bush and run the states in too the ground even more.

I dont think she even has the skills to lead this country. I mean lets face it Bush got into office because his dad was president that a lot of people liked. I whould hate to see Hilary take office because Bill was a great president. But, its a well known fact that she is not liked by a lot of people. So I dont think she will get the nod.

As for McCain or Obama. I still havent read up on them. So I cant say who would be better.

Why do people view McCain as extreme? I mean that could be a good thing. There is so many problems in the states now. Having some one in office thats going to take the country by the throat might be a good idea.

Rotting Corpse said:

Is it just me or dose Hilary Clinton all most come off as a power hungry nut job? If any thing she would be the next Bush and run the states in too the ground even more.

This is what the Republican-biased media would have you believe. You watch Fox-news (the teacher's pet for the GOPs) and Hillary comes across as a power-crazed bitch. This is anything but the truth. She is outspoken, she is extremely intelligent, and her "hunger for power" is a hunger to improve the U.S. She is passionate, but her passion is for America's future, and I think it's high time people saw through the biased, anti-women media and realized she is every bit as capable (and moreso) than most candidates you see running today.

Rotting Corpse said:

I dont think she even has the skills to lead this country. I mean lets face it Bush got into office because his dad was president that a lot of people liked. I whould hate to see Hilary take office because Bill was a great president.

Remember President Clinton? Remember how much better the country was then? You think he was the one behind everything? Not at all. Hillary offered as much support as possible. They worked as a team, and without Hillary, Bill wouldn't have been able to accomplish all he set out to do. She was his saving grace. She kept him on track.
(And that whole Monica Lewinsky thing was just a way for the GOP-influenced media to take a stab at Clinton)

Rotting Corpse said:

But, its a well known fact that she is not liked by a lot of people. So I dont think she will get the nod.

You see, this is the problem with Americans today. They buy into the falsities that the biased media forks at them, and they don't see things as they really are. They let overblown incidents of miniscule significance impact their decisions, and they cannot see the bigger picture. This is the reason Hillary won't be president, and this is the reason I hate the news.

"We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America."

Hey, don't be accusing me of that patriotic bullshit.

Anyway, he's just another boring moderate. Sometimes I think people prefer a leader that can talk to one that actually has good ideas. Then again, since none of this country's politicians have any good ideas, I guess words are all you have.

Dan, when did you become a nationalist? :P

You know, I think some people hate the fact that Hillary is a Clinton, and obviously married to Bill, more than they hate the woman herself. Some people act like it would be a stealth vote to get Bill back in office, when you could argue the same with George Dubya. That could explain her portrayal as a power monger in the media.

sargebaldy said:

Anyway, he's just another boring moderate. Sometimes I think people prefer a leader that can talk to one that actually has good ideas. Then again, since none of this country's politicians have any good ideas, I guess words are all you have.

Its funny, his voting record has been pretty similar to the other Illinois senator, Dick Durbin, who is considered a leftist.

caco_killer said:

I won't. I'll probably vote for Hilary since I'd like another Clinton as President.

I'm afraid that she'll ban video games. *shudder*