Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJShrimpy

Which character do you use in Hexen?

Which character do you use in Hexen?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which character do you use in Hexen?

• Fighter
    • Cleric
    • Mage

I tend to use the fighter more often than not, but I try to use all three characters when playing a map.

Fighter, always.

Unless I don't.

Occasionally I'll try another character for a while to see if they were as inferior as I remember. They always are.

leileilol said:

mage has more shoot shooting plus i can fart

Uh no it's the cleric that farts gas clouds.

The fighter is cool; he's 80% naked and he has an armor rating of 10/10.

I've been thinking about playing it 3 player coop style.

The Fighter of course. Being able to hit things as hard as I can has always been my preferred style of play and the Fighter can do it from close-up and at range.

The Wraithverge is my favourite weapon though. :p

Fighter, he is so cool. For me it's the only FPS hero that can match the Doomguy in coolness.

I'm all about the cleric, simply because of the serpent staff's healing ability. That is probably one of the most versatile weapons in the game, in my opinion.

Get up real close to an enemy (except maybe a centaur) with the serpent staff and shoot it and see what happens.

leileilol said:

the fighter is also recycled from cyclones heh

It would be nice if I could play Cyclones.

Cleric because it's balanced.

For some reason I want to make a Co-op mod that involves class involvement like in WoW, like the warrior being the main "tank" and being melee and the mage being main damage. It'd be interesting if it works for an engine like Doom.

I choose Cleric, because it's just always been my thing... and seeing as I usually play it on Co-op, because that fits the game so well, I like for my two friends to be Mage and Fighter (only problem is that usually the mage is a triggerhappy idiot).

Cleric is also a good leader character, because he's balenced and can use a good mix of items, while the mage has to stay out of the way while he shoots and the fighter has to rush in to attack.

the mage is too easy to kill, and I actually think his abilities are stupid. the fighter bugs me also, because, while his starting weapon is a fist of utter "oops! I ripped a bitch'es ass open!", he starts to seem slow and annoying after Winnowing Hall.

*dances at this entire Essay he is responding with* :b

myk said:

I've been thinking about playing it 3 player coop style.

that is what the spirit of the game wants, it calls you to do this sir. HeXen was (even if the people who made it didn't realize) made to be played Co-Op (at least 3 players) on hard mode.

Who the heck movied this to Doom general? The reason I posted in off topic was because this has absolutely nothing to do with Doom -_-

I've never been able to pick one over the others, myself. I just select on a whim. They all rock in one area and suck in another.

Although, ideally, the fighter is pretty much unstoppable. He's great for beginners.

The mage. Too much "thump thump thump" with the others. Not that I play Hexen very often at all nowadays, due to the very small number of pwads available for it.

No matter if you choose the character of the Legion, Arcanum, or Church, you have to admit, that Hexen has the most memorable characters in the Heretic/Hexen saga.

DJShrimpy said:
Who the heck movied this to Doom general? The reason I posted in off topic was because this has absolutely nothing to do with Doom -_-

Don't worry, it's always been understood that Heretic, Hexen, and Strife subjects are best placed in the Doom section, as they are basically commercial DOOM TCs with developer access to the code.

Vegeta said:

No matter if you choose the character of the Legion, Arcanum, or Church, you have to admit, that Hexen has the most memorable characters in the Heretic/Hexen saga.

I agree.

I tend to play as all 3.

Grazza said:

Not that I play Hexen very often at all nowadays, due to the very small number of pwads available for it.

That's way too sad considering the doomworld fanbase. Besides, it's not a bad idea to extend the Newstuff Chronicles to Heretic, Hexen and maybe even Strife data.

To get on the topic, I'll mention the Fighter equally with the Cleric. The Fighter is strong and easy to use, while the Cleric has menacing and mass destroying abilities. If you ask me, I think the Cleric is also a spellcaster class, see weapon #3. The Mage, as little as I got to use him, is (for me) rather unpractical. Freezing the opponent? That's the same as shotgun-killing while also creating an annoying obstacle in the way. More gimmicky than destructive. The Cleric has rapidfire instead of the splash the Mage has.

Fighter. I like melee combat over that pansy shooting things stuff.

printz said:

That's way too sad considering the doomworld fanbase. Besides, it's not a bad idea to extend the Newstuff Chronicles to Heretic, Hexen and maybe even Strife data.

Newstuff already covers all those games...

I like the fighter best simply because he can kill stuff the fastest (I likes poundin' on Ettins with my gauntlet-clad fists). The cleric is my second choice because I love Wraithverge and he has a nice balance in between the figher and mage. I hate the mage and avoid using him if I can (he's weak, and I don't like any of his weapons, especially the freeze spell).

Fighter: Decent all-around, moves the fastest, has the crappiest final weapon.
Cleric: Totally out of control overpowered when he gets his final weapon.
Mage: Moves slow, pretty much all his weapons suck and waste too much mana to be useful.

I only played as the cleric, because I just liked the look of his stats (fairly even). It's like using a slower doomguy, I guess. Very useful.