Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caco_killer

Anyone play Goldeneye Source yet?

If you haven't, don't, it's crappy. While the music and levels are basically the same as the original, everything else is shit. I'll just list it all out.

-The guns look like Goldeneye's, but they fire and sound like Half-Life 2's.

-Goldeneye health system, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch damage system. In other words, you die in seconds.

-In License to Kill games, people who have higher pings tend to win the rounds because the game won't register that they've been shot due to the lag they cause. I shot a guy six fucking times and he still wouldn't die!

-You can jump to areas you're not supposed to be in. In the Cradle level, I jumped to the ground far below the area you're supposed to be in!

-The spawn points suck. Half the time you're nowhere near a weapon.

This mod is in the Beta stage right now, but it feels like it's even worse then that.

2 years in the making, overhyped and still trash

it's just a lame shooty game with bond music thrown in to make it "leet"

and those excuses "it's a beta etc" and "the leader is dead you asshole" can not excuse trash. Like Doom Rampage Edition (heh)

I'm surprised it hasn't been C&D'd yet.

It's not a great sign when the original leader offs himself using a CHARCOAL GRILL. I bet the idiot used it indoors, too, sheesh.

I'm not up on it, but is it in Beta? if so, give it sometime. You can't complain about something that is in beta. If not, just ignore I said anything and just take this into consideration: yeah it's crap, don't download it.

Antidote said:

You can't complain about something that is in beta.

Uh no. Beta does not mean something is off limits to critcism. Some points given above have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that its in Beta.

leileilol said:

2 years in the making, overhyped and still trash

it's just a lame shooty game with bond music thrown in to make it "leet"

and those excuses "it's a beta etc" and "the leader is dead you asshole" can not excuse trash. Like Doom Rampage Edition (heh)

I'm surprised it hasn't been C&D'd yet.

They've been making that mod for two years? Jesus christ, it should be a helluva lot better.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Uh no. Beta does not mean something is off limits to critcism. Some points given above have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that its in Beta.

What I'm trying to say is that, if it was in beta, then you can't complain if there are missing features because it is not yet a finished product. You can by all means tell them about it, and they'll fix it in future.

caco_killer said:

-In License to Kill games, people who have higher pings tend to win the rounds because the game won't register that they've been shot due to the lag they cause. I shot a guy six fucking times and he still wouldn't die!

Man, I wish I had that kind of advantage in Skulltag. Instead, I get the opposite (shoot somebody point blank with a super shotgun and NOTHING).

I'm playing through the Real Thing right now and it's fine the way it is kthxbye. Goldeneye Source does look quite pretty, though.

HobbsTiger1 said:

I think he's meaning the whole "This thing sucks now and it'll suck when it's done" mentality. Not just the beta itself, but future offspring. Shame though, 'cause I was looking forward to it :/ High hopes.

Antidote said:

if it was in beta, then you can't complain if there are missing features because it is not yet a finished product.

Not to be a killjoy or anything, but the correct definition of beta is a completed game ready to be thrashed by testers to find any showstopping bugs before the game is released. If they label it beta, you should be expecting a finished product.

Every HL2 mod that I happened to be interested in is taking way too long to finish. I'm afraid that when they do finally come out, they'll be completely underwhelming-- kind of like this.

Fredrik said:

I'm playing through the Real Thing right now and it's fine the way it is kthxbye. Goldeneye Source does look quite pretty, though.

Yeah, the mod looks great, but it can't beat the real thing.

If you want to play Goldeneye multiplayer, then just play the game with three other people. I played the original Goldeneye remake for half-life 1, and it just didn't feel the same at all. It was half-life physics with goldeneye weapons and levels, which felt really off. I do have very fond memories of Goldeneye multiplayer mode. My favorite was when three of my friends were playing against me (because I always decimated them, and that was the only way they had a chance) and they were all standing in a small group in the "stacks" level. They were waiting for me to come out from one of the three door ways, and I just walked onto the balcony above them, and shot all of them with my RCP-90, used about 20 rounds. After that, they all started yelling at each other, saying someone on their group shot them, and they just ended up killing each other with friendly fire. I just went back to a lower hallway and tried to contain my laughter until they were done. They were very pissed when I told them what happened. I still won the game by about 3 kills to 20. That was a great multiplayer game.