Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tycp_08

a wad from me

DON'T FLAME ME FOR THIS, ONLY NON-FLAMING SUGGESTIONS

if you don't like it, then don't play it. it's that simple.

use ZDOOM.

what i mean is that once you play it, and don't like it after you play it, don't play it anymore.

sorry about not telling you it was map33

so in other words you're one of those people who cry over critique, making your wad thread only wanting sugar-coated kissupery like "YOUR WAD IS GOOD! A++ o^_^o"

sorry but that's not how people improve their skill. No one learns from "it's great".

1600+ imps an cyber an spiderboss a few barons, no exit to be found did I enjoyed this I'm affraid not.
The map had some unclosed sectors and no gameplay value what so ever.

dutch devil said:
How can I don't like it if I don't play it,

True, though perhaps by presenting it that way ("don't flame it!") the author is himself hinting that it is a shitty level.

what does NO FLAMING mean to you douches?

it is not supposed to be a map where there is a exit.

maybe think about my other map i made (the P.O.S. one with the pits) is for testing. to see if you can beat it without cheats.

and by the way,

it actually has health now, dicks...

leileilol, bite me.

Oh ok it has health now thats gonna make an difference, what the hell is an map without an exit.

Keep testing maps to yourself next time nobody cares about those, give us proper maps not just some huge box crammed full with imps.

tycp_08 said:

I see no flaming in this thread. Except perhaps your latest post.

tycp_08 said:

oh the irony

tycp_08 said:

You lied; this isn't perdoom :(

Is this the kind of attitude that you think will get people to help you? You will be lucky if it doesn't get you losered, or perhaps just put on everyone's ignore list. Some of the best guys around here have tried to help and you yell and cuss at them? Maybe you just don't understand how tight the community is? Good luck to you.

tycp_08 said:

it is not supposed to be a map where there is a exit.

maybe think about my other map i made (the P.O.S. one with the pits) is for testing. to see if you can beat it without cheats.

and by the way,http://www.fileshack.us/v/5106577/1_The_City.zip.html

leileilol, bite me.

You sir are a dumbass.
You make an extremely cheesey map with no exit, ********** ammounts of monsters, made on level 33 for some reason, and map bugs expecting people to say OMFG THATZ SO UBAR KOOL 1000000/10.
When they don't react as you want them to, you just start babbling and saying that we are flaming monsters.

Ok, so the map itself wasn't that bad, but the monsters were jokewad worthy, and there's no weapons or ammo.

Try again please.

Edit: After reading your replies, I would really appreciate it if you would DIAF. kthx.

tycp_08 said:

DON'T FLAME ME FOR THIS, ONLY NON-FLAMING SUGGESTIONS

What suggestion can you possibly get other than 'delete this crap and start over'?

k, sorry about flaming you guys. just get pissed sometimes.

and hobbs, leileilol did in fact flame the map.

Well it's clearly unfinished but shows some promise. I liked how it was mostly dark with the odd point of light; the city map in Hellcore did the same thing to good effect. Anyway you've made a good start. Carry on filling the map with buildings and other architecture then add plenty of health and ammunition. A running battle through city streets against a horde of wandering monsters could be good fun.

Things I think are bugs and need fixing:

• Unclosed sectors, e.g. 614, 635.
  • Unnecessary ZDoomisms. Type 123 SR Lower Lift linedefs need a non-zero tag, they're not manual. Unless you plan to use ZDoom specifics like slopes and scripting later on, why tie it down to one engine when with just a bit of tweaking it could run fine on many others?
  • The map extent is so large there are display glitches. This might not affect ZDoom, I don't know, but even if it doesn't I think most people will agree it's too big and takes too long to run around. Halve its size at least. Bonus: you now have much less architecture to build!

I hope you didn't really expect anybody to play this to the end, did you? Not enough ammo and not enough health, for a NUTS.WAD-like number of monsters. Oh no wait...at least NUTS.WAD had an exit :-D

Listen up, every single one of us has tried making "maps" with 1000 shotgun sergeants or 1000 imps or 100 cyberdemons, but either kept them to ourselves or, at most, released them clearly marked as jokewads.

On a different note, it would be funnier if there was a cybie or two or at least some non-imp monsters inside thatimp horde, so that you don't have to literally tyson them one by one.

If everybody released their test/abortion maps, we'd be flooded with smelly radioactive waste crap that hurts and stings and does no service whatsoever to humanity :-D

tycp_08 said:it is not supposed to be a map where there is a exit.

see if you can beat it without cheats.
[/B]

How can a map without an exit be beaten? No exit=no end screen=no time limit/monster kills.

It is unbeatable without an exit.

Man, you guys fail at criticism.

Let's review, shall we?

The purpose of criticism is to encourage an author to continue his work to improve. Thereby increasing the chance that said author could grow into a skilled author

Graf Zahl frothed:
3 words:

piece of crap.

Enough said.

Here's my criticism of Graf's criticism:

It's a short and to the point review, which is easy to read and digest.
But his rude and needlessly negative demeanour severely discourages the author from ever trying Doom mapping again, directly violating what I stated above, which is bad since tycp_08 might have a small chance of learning a lot if people gave him intelligent reviews (he clearly knows a very limited amount of stuff about Doom mapping, not to mention the awkward 'ettiquette' that dominates DW, which might be no fault of his own), but shitty reviews will immediately discourage him and rob us of a potential decent mapper in the future - nice work guys!
Seriously, we've all been young and ignorant and clueless at some point in time - cut this guy some slack.

Then Graf's review contains no useful info that could effectively suggest to the author what he can do to make a better map, rendering the review useless and plain insulting.

Not only that, but Graf's rather rude and useless review also manages to make Graf Zahl seem like a fuckwit, which isn't too damn smart either (especially not for himself - nobody likes to be regarded as a fuckwit).

In conclusion, Graf Zahl did a short, simple review that you can save a lot of time on, because it takes like two seconds to read and even less to understand. But his review is not an effective review because rather than encourage the map author to make better efforts in the future, it will likely cut his career as a Doom mapper short pronto.

Why am I not taking this to the private messaging? Because it seems to me that a lot of you are totally clueless as to what constitutes "good criticism" and you could all benefit from being reminded what criticism is all about. And I and all of us could benefit from more "clueless mappers" turning into "experienced mappers", because it'll mean that there'll be more fun and playable maps available to us in the future, am I right?

People who act mature get useful feedback from me.

Not the case here. This 'WAD' got what it deserved.

I think I can understand Graf's remarks to a certain degree. TYCP didn't expect constructive criticism for his wad. He wanted us to love it and cherish it and worship it. His first post pretty much summed up his expectance: Download it, play it, like it or shut the fuck up.

Seems to me that tycp isn't interested in improving his map skills at all.

DJ You don't have File Extensions on? How do you navigate!? I can't live without them!

The map: jokewad worthy. The doors on the buildings are like vault doors. and the only thing I like about his map is the Helipad. Ok my critism is done, good work at making me play an utterly useless map. Good game.

I gave it a quick go. I was gonna try and give him something constructive to help him out like "look for level building Do's and Don'ts on the net", but I get the feeling he isn't coming back to this thread again.

DJShrimpy you're the man.

From the readme: "STAND STILL FOR 55 SECONDS ON THE GAME."

Hmm I did, but the level was sooooo big that the fireballs didn't reach me during this time. So I considered myself a winner and quit :-D

On the other hand, somebody must write a FAQ on how to write creative flames for defending crappy wads, something along the lines of:

"you're wad reveiws r teh sux!1!1eleventymillion; u 4ll prbly t00k 1+ ^ teh fh3g a$$ frum ur momz vibrtne strpon las nite u fheggots!! ile kil u an ur famlee if u don lpay t3h w4ds and say um gr43t u shitfheg, im go jax 0ff now"

(example blatantly stolen from TLGMEDIA.COM)

DJShrimpy said:

You should use shift+del ;-)