Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BFGDaddy

psx doom & epsxe, I need help plz

have been surfing around the web trying to solve a problem with the doom ports of psx, these seem not able to work with any playstation emulator anymore, But I'm pretty sure that I have played psx doom and final doom with epsxe before, somone knows which is the possible solution?, nowadays I'm trying to get working the psx port with epsxe but the game freezes at the loading screen everytime, I tried running the game both from an HD image and the Disc without success and I can't remember If I used some workaround to get the game working.

I just tried it a couple weeks ago and its near perfect (no music at the menu). Did u download the correct video plugin according the epsxe website? did u try the video settings to the recommended specs, also on site? I haven't tried an image/ISO file so that could be the problem.

You should be able to run the game right off the disc in EPSXE without lockup. However, it will freeze if you run the game as a .ISO file.

However, to resolve that issue, you will need to save a savestate on the main title screen when you are running the game off the CD.

From there you can use that savestate and load to the title screen whenever you are using the .ISO image file.

I think that I have found the reason why the game hangs at the loading screen, that's because the game menu music uses a cd audio track of the game disc, I had image of the game without these audio tracks, now I got working the game because I made again the image with its cda tracks, but there's a little problem, in some levels of final doom the music stops playing for an unknown reason, I tried using the epsxe sound plugin and spueternal sound plugin and the same thing happens in specific levels everytime

Have you tried a different disk IO plugin? The default one is worthless and makes most games crash.

Perhaps this might work for you, as I am using Virtual DAEMON Manager to mount any PSX CD ISO image so I can run it on ePSXe from the very start...

It goes like this: You download->install Virtual DAEMON Manager. You then mount the ISO image to Virtual DAEMON, after that, open ePSXe and go to "Run CDROM" (of course before that, you have to configure the CD plugin in ePSXe) normally like when running any normal CD, except this is an ISO.

If at all, I hope I can be of little help.