Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadowblind

Need help with Doom builder o_0

Im having a bad problem with a few of my walls and textures. For one, I cant seem to get doors to BE SOLID. Every other wall does it, but not this one. Also, when I look down, the texture of the door continues to repeat and doesnt end at the floor. I cant seem to get switches to work at the end either.

Please dont SIMPLY give me a link to a tutorial, but help me with these problems...

We need more info. How are you constructing these doors?

A door consists of a ceiling that is equal to the floor level, with the upper textures set as the door textures, and tagged as a door with the linesdefs facing out.

Yeah, it sounds like you're trying to set the middle texture or something. You're supposed to drag the ceiling down to the floor.

Set the "normal texture" empty. Be sure to add "lower unpegged" flag to the "door trak" walls, or their textures will move up and down like the Venga Boys.

It's allways instructive to check carefuly the id Software's map to see how these kind of things are done. Also tutorials while require patience, they use to be very helpful. Personaly I recomend the older ones (like the tutorial of Deu) where people didn't know about editing fps games, and everything was explained no matter how basic it is (now).

Ok, new issue. Teleporters. I have the teleporters to have the same sector name, same line sectors, and have #39 W1 Teleporter. What else must I need to do?

There is no "beginning". Select the lines on the map that the player will walk over to teleport and give them the appropriate teleport actions. Then, give all those lines the same tag number. Then give the sector the same tag number that you gave the teleport lines. Put a teleport destination Thing in the destination sector, and then it should work properly.

Ah, thank you, fixed. Onto next error: At the top of a lift I added a door. The lift is 144 height at its peak and the ceiling is 208. I made the door 208 and 208. It doesnt open, but I can hear the noise. I then set the door at 0 and 0. The lift went further down then normal (I could see missing textures that couldnt be fixed) and the door takes a long time to open, although it opens. Please help...

Also, what Linedef action do I use to make a door ONLY openable by a switch, not pressing the door? Ive tried #61 and #103, but no dice...

Shadowblind said:

Also, what Linedef action do I use to make a door ONLY openable by a switch, not pressing the door? Ive tried #61 and #103, but no dice...

It depends what format you are using. Are you making the level for Doom2 by itself, or a specific port?

Shadowblind said:

Ah, thank you, fixed. Onto next error: At the top of a lift I added a door. The lift is 144 height at its peak and the ceiling is 208. I made the door 208 and 208. It doesnt open, but I can hear the noise. I then set the door at 0 and 0. The lift went further down then normal (I could see missing textures that couldnt be fixed) and the door takes a long time to open, although it opens. Please help...

Try making the floor height and the ceiling height for the door 144 instead of 0.

It worked. Thx! How did you know to make it 144?

Im editing a TNT.wad, what linedef would I use for this type? Its not a map by itself.

Shadowblind said:

It worked. Thx! How did you know to make it 144?

Im editing a TNT.wad, what linedef would I use for this type? Its not a map by itself.

You mean your editing a map out of TNT, or are you making a map IN the TNT wad? Remember that you shouldn't be modifying the original levels just making levels in their slots.

Find a lindef you want to use for the switch, now in the switch options make the lindef action 103 like you said before, but also in the options, give the lindef a sector tag. Find the sector which you want to be your door, and give it the same tag. Remember that this sector's ceiling height must be the same as the floor height like any other door.

I make a total remake of every map in the WAD, I dont just change a few things here and there.

Actually, is there a way I can put a want out for a mapper? So far, I only have a 2 (3 if you count the unofficial GFX designer) members in the group...And frankly, I can make maps, but I cant iron out the little details that hold the map together...

Replacing the maps in the IWAD is a BAD idea. First of all, all of the resources in the IWAD are loaded when a PWAD is run. Secondly, you cannot release a file containing all of those copyrighted resources.