• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

Oh my god new Castlevania is SO AWESOME

Here's what it is, in order of COMPLETE CRAZINESS

1-It's on PSP. Yeah. F'n CRAZY. Now I have to buy one :((

2-Remake of 1993 Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, also known as, Rondo of Blood. This is not the SNES Dracula X perhaps you've played, that game isn't good. This is one of the rarest great games of all time, fetching $150 ish constantly on Ebay. It was Japan only AND made for a Japan-only console. I have it pirated and it is my 7th-ish favorite game of all time. Anyway, it's a complete graphical remake--2d sidescroller -> 3d sidescroller. It looks outrageously good.

3-Includes a direct port of original Rondo of Blood. SWEET. So that means you can play Rondo in 2d or 3d on your PSP.

4-Includes direct port of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, one of the greatest games of all time. Although, PSP homebrew could play this anyway, still awesome.

5-Name: "Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles" Hah, you thought they were done with the Chronicles series of Castlevanias! Hooray Konami!

6-Date: Fall 2007 :(((

1up hands on preview: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156904

1up Show episode: http://gamevideos.com/video/id/8913 (excellent watch, I recommend it)

Trailer: http://gamevideos.com/video/id/8913

Level 1: http://gamevideos.com/video/id/8859 EDIT: Woopsy! That's not the first level at all! That's the entire original game! http://gamevideos.com/video/id/8896 Is what I meant. Nobody caught this? Come one man!

Level 2: http://gamevideos.com/video/id/8909

Joystiq announcement: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/01/castlevania-dracula-x-chronicles-unveiled-for-psp/ (video is just lvl 1 again)

Joystiq Konami Gamers Day coverage: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/02/konami-gamers-day-media-blowout/ (lol crossdressing cosplay leon belmont)

Heh, looks just like oldschool Castlevania with better graphics. The player even moves the same. :p

Pity I don't have any PSP

Too bad it's not for something that can be hooked up to a normal size screen. I already have a cd-r of Rondo that can be played with an emu or on the actual system and both the US PSX and JPN Saturn SOTN/Nocturne. So I'm missing out on playing a 3d version of Rondo on a tiny over-priced screen. Big deal. They start putting tv/monitor hook-ups plus additional controller ports on portables and I might start caring about them.

I guess it's cool to have it portable and all, but I don't see why they don't instead release it as a downloadable for the Virtual Console/Live Arcade/whatever Playstation's online service is called.

It's still not enough to make me want a PSP.

Actually, releasing this for an online service would annoy me a lot more then the PSP.

I wish there was something I could do to mt PS2 that would allow it to run PSP game.
I probably will by a PSP because of this (and MGS portable OPs + Vice City stories).

This isn't going to make me buy a psp. My second ps2 is already dieing on me, and it's only 2 years old. And they think I'm gonna invest in a psp and ps3?! GTFO. I'll stick with my DS and PoR kthxbye.

Hopefully they'll go the extra mile and port the extra content found only on the Sega Saturn version of SOTN (Maria playable, extra castle areas, etc.).

Hmm... looks like any other Castlevania game ever released, except with new/better graphics. How many Belmont children are their?

Richter is probably the grandson of Juste, who is definitely the grandson of Simon. Simon was probably the great grandson of Soleil, who is definitely the son of Christopher, who is probably the great grandson of Trevor. Trevor is separated from Leon by 4 centuries. Sonia is no longer officially canon, but if she were, she would be Trevor's mother. That, in a nutshell, is the direct line of Belmont descent.

If you're going to make a game with 2D gameplay, might as well just use 2D graphics. It looks better that way, especially if the 3D graphics used are low quality.

zap610 said:

I don't know, it looks sort of... Boring.

Well so do you!...uh...you know, facially. =p

Antidote said:

Hmm... looks like any other Castlevania game ever released, except with new/better graphics.

Hardly something to complain about! It's a long-sought-after game that never made it to the US and goes for $150 on ebay, packaged with SotN, as well as a full-3d remake of the game. And if you don't like Castlevania, you're sort of a terrorist.

AgentSpork said:

If you're going to make a game with 2D gameplay, might as well just use 2D graphics. It looks better that way, especially if the 3D graphics used are low quality.

Portrait of Ruin is one of the best looking games I've ever played and it's nearly completely 2d except for a couple of enemies, so I sort of agree with you...

...but then again, I think if they want to attempt to make an equally good-looking game in 3d, they should damn well give it a try. There definitely aren't enough 3d sidescrollers in the world. Klonoa 1 and 2 are both in my top 10 favorite games, and they're the only ones I can think of. Oh wait, Sonic Rivals, Pandemonium. Ok. That's it though!

Besides, they can't keep making SotN-clones forever. Don't want to end up like Mega Man! They'll never top Portrait anyway. So here they're trying something completely different, a 3d Rondo remake, and I support it fully.

So here they're trying something completely different, a 3d Rondo remake

There's something strange about seeing "something completely different" and "remake" in the same sentence. :P

Raikoh_Minamoto said:

Pity that PSP is too fragile and expensive to be extensively used by someone who doesn't poop money.

Post of the week

:p

There are at least two more Castlevania games in the works. One is the tale of Christopher's son, Soleil, who will apparently have to face Countess Bartley in the 1500's. The other is, of course, the "1999 Game," which is effectively the finale of the series. IGA has publicly admitted that the level of expectations for this latter game makes him wet his pants and scream like a sissy girl for fear of messing it up, and so they're apparently putting it off til last.

Quas, are you insinuating that the Castlevania series will someday cease creation?

ITLL BE A MAD DAY IN HELL OVER MY DEAD BODY WHEN IM DEAD

Epyo said:

Hardly something to complain about! It's a long-sought-after game that never made it to the US and goes for $150 on ebay, packaged with SotN, as well as a full-3d remake of the game. And if you don't like Castlevania, you're sort of a terrorist.

I'm not terrorist, and I'm appauled you'd call me one. I'm not a fan of the Castlevania series, because quite frankly they all look and play the same. With maybe a few new features here and there.

I'm not trying to tell you that you shouldn't play it because you're wasting your time, I'm merely telling you my blunt opinion about the game, sorry if it doesn't match up to yours.

I'm not a fan of most games that a lot of other people like, with Doom and Half-Life being exceptions. That goes for: Zelda, Halo, Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, and Mario to name a few. Sorry, but I just don't like them.

Every one has opinions, and I'm entitled to mine.

AgentSpork said:

Counter point - Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins
Another counter point - New Super Mario Bros.
And a different counter point - Gish, which uses 3D graphics techniques to deliver better 2D results than just 2D alone would.

Epyo said:

Well so do you!...uh...you know, facially. =p

Appernetly YOU have not seen my picture. This game does look pretty boring, it is almost as if the 3D graphics showcase the gameplay of walking slowly and whipping things. The original was like that obviously, but it had better monster placement and more actions going on in the town. Compare the original first map to the remake first map, I found the original to be more interesting. But that is just my opinion.

Antidote said:

TEH INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

You should have the fluid changed in your sarcasm detector after every 200 posts you read.

Antidote said:

they all look and play the same. With maybe a few new features here and there.

Answer A: You either haven't played a single one, because this is completely different than anything they've done in the past decade, or you have not read about this one properly. Do you realize that this game is level-based and mostly linear?

Answer B: That's what I'm saying! They're always the same, and they're trying something new, and that's awesome!

Answer C: It's so easy to push your buttons when I call you a terrorist!

zap610 said:

Appernetly YOU have not seen my picture. This game does look pretty boring, it is almost as if the 3D graphics showcase the gameplay of walking slowly and whipping things. The original was like that obviously, but it had better monster placement and more actions going on in the town. Compare the original first map to the remake first map, I found the original to be more interesting. But that is just my opinion.

Only difference I see is that hearts fall faster <_< And if I'm wrong, keep in mind it's an early early alpha 10 months before release, and IMO it already looks incredible!

Epyo said:

Answer A: You either haven't played a single one, because this is completely different than anything they've done in the past decade, or you have not read about this one properly. Do you realize that this game is level-based and mostly linear?

Answer B: That's what I'm saying! They're always the same, and they're trying something new, and that's awesome!

Answer C: It's so easy to push your buttons when I call you a terrorist!

[/b]

I'll take all answers. A response to all:

Answer A: Yes, I've only played one, but once I played it I knew that was the last one I was going to play (Castlevania 2)

Answer B: Agreed. By something new, I hope you mean with the 3D graphics, because that's all I see new.

Answer C: I don't like to be called something I'm not.