Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Coopersville

Doom Sculptures

I finally got my hands on a digital camera, allowing my to get some shots of some fairly old Doom sculptures I made:

DEMON

I did this about two years ago while I was a teacher's assistant for a Ceramics class. The class, for the most part, taught around making crafts, and pottery, but I applied what I knew towards some stuff a wee bit more advance, hence why I got the assistant gig. I got into making this Demon sculpture when I wasn't busy helping with whatever, but then the Christmas break came, and this ended up laying on a shelf, carefully covered in layers of wet cling wrap for two weeks. Alas, despite my efforts, it was turned into boneware by the time I got to it next. I wasn't able to get into great detail with this; I intended to throw in a lot of muscle tones and bone structure. Its posture was a bit warped, too, so I had to make a stand for it. Nonetheless, I find it pretty cool, for something I did, back in the day.

IMP

I think I made this about a year and a half ago, with the leftover clay I had from the Ceramics class. I didn't have any distractions, and I didn't have any major mishaps while making this, so I got to put in the effort and detail I usually like to into it, as you can note, the muscle tones and shoulder blades on the back, for example. I made quite the bit of sculptures in the day, this being one of my favourites, overall. Other's will probably be popping up on my DeviantArt eventually, if anyone's interested.

Haha the imp is great. He's got a really good pose. Teeth and horns are especially nice on both of them.

I had no idea you did sculpture, Coopersville. Your sculpting style reminds me of a particular culture and/or artist, but I can't put my finger on what/whom.

Your demon seems to have a bit of a surprised expression/stance (looks like he's rearing back a bit from the side view). It has also got a little more of an erect/human posture than I usually associate with the Pinkies--I tend to think of them more as hunched over/front-heavy.

I agree with the others that you gave the Imp a very strong pose. Usually I don't like it when people 'redesign' the imp's spikes, but in your case I like how you've exaggerated the back protrusions.

For future pieces, I'd advise you to work some more on improving your anatomy and adding more details, but these are solid efforts. I for one would like to see some of the other work you said you'll be putting up on DeviantArt.

Neat style you used into making the sculptures, and yes I agree with everyone else the imp pose is awesome. The demon is good too, especially since you did not work on it consistantly.

Yeah, the Demon dried up, and it turned out fairly warped, it's pretty weak. Oh well, chances are I'll sculpt it on occasional basis, kind of like how I draw it. I'm all stoked about trying the Caco next, so keep an eye out... Woo.

Really great work. Looks a bit cartoony, but that's what gives these sculptures their charm. One thing though, the demon doesn't have the typical goat legs, which is probably why it looks so weird to me. And yeah, it does have that funny surprised expression/stance.

looks Great. love the pinky more. I recommand supersculpey. These seem small, what size are they?
I'd love to see a caco.

I like the imp. Looks like a crossover between classic Doom and Doom 3. Apart from being way too pulled back, the demon looks really faithful to its original shape.

Both sculptures lack yellow and red eyes, respectively.

They actually both have correctly painted eyes, though I shot them with lighting that shadowed over that (namely with the Demon) since I thought the shadows made them out to be more menacing.