Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/16/miami.preacher/index.html

So, this guy claims to be Jesus but says there is no such thing as sin and has 666 tatooed on him? And all of his followers throughout the world also have 666 tatooed on them? And they all claim to be prosperous? I may be half Jewish and half Episcopalian but if my knowledge of Revelations is correct, there will be an anti-Christ who claims to be Christ and who, along with his followers, will carry the mark of the beast, 666. Lol seems a bit too obvious though, I mean I don't think anyone except nuts would follow this guy so if one believes in the New Testament and Revelations, how would you interpret this? As a hoax, a trick, or a sign that everyone who isn't completely nuts is saved?

De Jesus? Pffft. He's got nothing on The Jesus.

The mark of the beast isn't a tattoo.

Revelation 13:16-18
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18

To interpret the mark of the beast in modern times is simple.

"no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK"

What piece of modern technology could bring truth to such a revelation? Human microchips. The technology has the potential to create a cashless society and if enforced and made the law to have it, there will be no other means of making transactions.

That's just the theory of course.

Both of those guys a more than just a little bit weird.

You never know what the doom community will come up with next. Certainly worth a good laugh!

How could anyone be suckered into thinking they were real? I guess the same way any of the cults get started.

That was a good read. Didnt look at all of the second one because it was quite huge, but still it's funny how some people act.

"De Jesus says he learned he was Jesus reincarnate when he was visited in a dream by angels.

'The prophets, they spoke about me. It took me time to learn that, but I am what they were expecting, what they have been expecting for 2,000 years,' de Jesus says."

It's also mentioned that this man was a heroin addict. Now since opium and heroin are basically both derived from the same source, and I've heard about the very vivid dreams associated with opium, I can only assume that heroin would produce somewhat similar results. So basically, the messiah got his message from god by being a drug addict. Some messiah you folks have got there.

No one is Jesus, for Jesus does not exist. As for god's existence, I do not know, but as for "De Jesus", he is surely an impostor.

okay, all the stuff about the revelation of st. john being an end time prophecy is bull. the apocolypse, which realy means unveiling, elightenment, or REVELATION, and not the end of the world as most people think, is really a call to arms for the early church to strengthen themselves against the persecution of the roman empire. the mark of the beast is the number of A man, and that was the emeperor nero. you couldn't buy anything in his empire without his coin, which bore his mark. his face and name.

so many people get caught up in this prophetic, hardline, literal interpretation crap. John was writing to the established churches in the known world in a poetic code. he was a PRISONER when he wrote, or dictated, this stuff. why would he put out his observations on why he thought the church would eventualy succeed and the roman empire would fail in plain language?

so as far as this de jesus guy and his followers are concerned, they are all patheticly blind sheep that should be expunged from this world for their complete retardedness.

So in other words Revelations was the first "Science fiction", as in it talked about issues in the present day by transposing them to the future

Some people have suggested that the beast is simply money itself. As money becomes more and more a simple electronic number rather than based on objects with a physical value, the analogy seems more valid. After all, you can't buy or sell in the modern day without money. Money is becoming a card that you must carry around with you which bears on it a number which to some extent represents your identity. A trend is already starting to completely abandon checks. I dare say most places don't accept them any more. Instead, they want a card, credit or debit.

But cards have flaws. They can be stolen. The information on them can be obtained to make a counterfeit one or to register for one in someone else's name. Maybe in the future it will be more convenient to embed financial information directly into peoples' bodies. This makes it much more difficult to steal, and totally paperless transactions consisting of radio communication from the chip to the point of sale would never expose the information stored inside it. Maybe the government will even make this required at some point, in order to "protect people against identity theft."

This is how I always saw it happening back when I believed in this stuff, anyway. I can't say the current trends haven't made me wonder a bit, too.

Quasar said:

Maybe in the future it will be more convenient to embed financial information directly into peoples' bodies.

Can't that kind of data as well be stolen or destroyed, merely through sheer violence? (like cutting the portion having the datachip). Even if not, through radio hijacking?

Information can always be stolen. The best bet is to keep the mometary exchange system a few steps ahead of the crooks.