Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phantomsharky

What Doom game is this?

My dad had a doom game for playstation that I cant remember what one it was. Since i was little when he had it I only remember a couple of things. One, the plasma gun kinda looked like the one in doom 64. And the last level was all black with pillars with arachotrons. Does anyone know what game this is? Or does anyone have a list of all the dooms for playstation1?

Except the last level of PSX Doom was a generic one but with tons of Hellknights and Pain Elementals at the end, and the last level of Doom 2 (and the game) was all green with pillars and a load of Barons and then 1/2 Spider Masterminds

Phantomsharky said:

but is there a doom game for ps with a plasma gun that looks like the one in doom 64?

There were only 2 PlayStation Doom titles commercially released, "Doom" and "Final Doom". In both games the PS plasma rifle is the same, and is based on the art originally used for the PC version. The Doom 64 version doesn't look much like those.

Especially as the Arachnotrons DO shoot blue shots in the N64 version, but green/yellow ones in all other versions

Well there is no Doom game for PSX where the Arachnotrons shoot blue plasma. Also the plasma gun is the same as the PC version. The last map in PSX Doom is Redemption Denied, a large marble arena where you fight Barons and Spider Masterminds, no Arachnotrons there. Also, the entire level is green marble, so no black pillars. Your description sounds nothing like PSX Doom/Final Doom. It sounds more like you were playing the Playground map from Doom 64.