• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tris84

Doom guy's catch phrases

sausage said:

wait, what?
OP, Who's OP?
and yeah, ew ew ew ew ew = Boring if you were to hear it EVERY TIME you go into blood or other substances.

OP = Original Poster

Yeah, it'd get old super quick. But it ain't like the rest of these wouldn't follow, right?

"Beam me up, Scully!" - Doomguy going through a teleport/portal
"Dread fight, I'm going in!" - Doomguy sees a dreadful fight with no possibility for him to ever survive it alive, but he's going to fight anyway!

As I said, most of these catchphrases give me the impression of just trying too hard...a real Doomguy's catchphrase should be short and "tough", even profane. Very few WADs include catchphrases or brief speech samples for Doomguy's actions, most of them are cliché phrases ripped from various movies, some are just sound-jokewads and you hear some lame kid yelling "W00t, bonus!", and rarely you see some half-serious attempt at voice acting that blends with Doom (cybie2.wad is a good example of that).

Why don't ya'll just look up a bunch of "MARINE CORP" catch prases. war poems, march songs, spanning from WW2 to the Iraq occupation. And then modify'em with some futuristic refrences.

knuckle heads......

Tsar,

Jimi said:

Because that would suck. We want to make our own.

Maes said:

This WAD here introduced some interesting catchphrases for doomguy, but almost all of them are past the decency line:

Weapon pick up:
"I'm gonna **** your *** with a razor dildo!"

Doomguy hurt:
"OUCH my ***"

Doomguy dying:
"Gaaaargh I hate dyin' that's so ***"

And let's not speak of the monsters...

Also:
The Doom Comic
Ideas for a new Doom comic/drama in the works
A new DOOM Drama: DoomGuy meets Warlords

If after these you STILL aren't pumped up and you don't have good ideas for REALLY GOOD Doomguy catchphrases, then you lack the ability to build good dog traps, something which probably shows in other aspects of your life :-p

mister, let me tell you something mister
let me tell you a thing or two mister
you're gonna be hatin life when i bring my boot to yrr lip
yes, you're gonna be hatin life when i bring the street to yrr face
how's that grab ya?
you like that?
you're gonna like it when i go upside your head with my bat
i'm gonna bury ya beneath 6 feet of shit in my backyard
yeah, and on top i'm gonna put a little tombstone that says, "should'n ha messed wit"
how's that tickle ya mister?
don't make me come down there and put a hurt on you
i'll do it
i'll run ya over with my jeep
make you eat the bumper
i'll make streetburgers with yrr FACE

*sigh*

this is hopeless, after all this lecturing and examples, we're back at square 1, with proposed t to 10 second 'catchphrases' that would make Steven Seagal's look good.

A "catchphrase" is supposed to be, guess what, "catchy". These all (and others before them) just sound like a generic "Look boyz, I'm big, goddamn tough U.S. marine! Now gimme 50!" wannabe "macho badass" attitude.

I mean, just try recoding some of these yourself or at least imagining them in-games and see how they'd work out.

The ideal Doomguys's catchphrase must be short, not too serious, and halfway between profane and crazy. Read the Doom comic then come back for more...

From my doom scripts:

(on the phone)

-Dynamite (Die-know-might!)
-What??
-I'm cooking with gas!
-Excuse me? WTF?!
-You weren't very quick picking this phone up but now I gotcha baby, yeah, dig it!
-You got what?!
-I got a handful of vertebrae, and a headful of mad!

-You bet your friggin' Doom marine ass, sir.

-10-4, and it has got demons, damn right it has?!

-Whoo-hoo baby! Let's swap some hot, manly lead!

-Yeah baby, my manhood is as good as a warm SSG shooting magnum buckshot :-D

etc. :-)

The Lag said:

i was quoting longmont potion castle.

eww, so Doomguy should get inspiration for his quotes by a series of telephone pranks? Or by Raffles, the gentleman thug? Oh please....RIP AND TEAR! LET'S SWAP SOME MANLY LEAD INSTEAD!!!

At EACH pull of the trigger, a powerful light that makes might will lighten up stuff, while I pump you up with HOT, MANLY WADS OF LEAD !!! Whoo-hoo baby ! I'm burning out of control! Ah SHOTGUN, that's somethin' I can respect!

Yeah, I know, sounds crazy but it's also awesome, and that's how Doomguy is supposed to talk. I wonder how nobody openly proposed Steven Seagal quotes yet....they are crap, but better than most of the stuff that has been dumped here:

(Doomguy sees a monster committing barrel suicide:)

"You're so stupid your father would exchange you for a pet monkey."

(Doomguy pumps a former sergeant full of magnum buckshot:)

"Heh, that left some serious EXIT WOUNDS."

(Doomguy comes face to face with a chaingun dude)

"D-uh?" (dude is confused)
"I have something right here in my pocket that will cure your headache"
"Head---uh?" (tr: but I don't have a headache...?)
*Doomguy blows up Dude's head with a SSG*
"You do now."

(Doomguy comes face to face with a mancubus)
"Do you know what makes the scent of man?"
*blows away the mancubus for not knowing the answer*

(Doomguy falls on lava/nukage)
"Damn, I'm on DEADLY GROUND".

etc. etc....

Jimi said:

Because that would suck. We want to make our own.

Pssst, After reading all these crazy assed so-called catch phrases make me all the MORE GRATEFUL that the doomguy DOESN'T TALK!!! He is a iconic SI-FI SURVIVAL HORROR hero, and here ya'll are trying to turn him into another fucking loud mouth DUKE-NUKEM or worse a wise cracking ASH(BRUCE CAMPBLE)

NOW THAT! WOULD REALLY MEGA SUCK!!!

Eat my GIRLY plasma you incandescent bulb! - dumber than the dumb knows what's happening...
I'll let my pussycat rip your throat! - using the chainsaw

ps. I'm glad Doomguy stays silent, I would hate to hear her say anything manly... :P

Jimi said:

Eat my GIRLY plasma you incandescent bulb! - dumber than the dumb knows what's happening...

ps. I'm glad Doomguy stays silent, I would hate to hear her say anything manly... :P

Wuss! Wimp! Pussy!

Tris84 said:
Jimi said:

Wuss! Wimp! Pussy!

That was comedy gold compared to any of your posts. Shut up and let the thread die already.

No, we need more girly catch phrases!

"Does my bum look big in this?" - when picking up some gun
"Damn, I'm hot!" - when some archvile is burning
"You wanna touch my boob? I'll blast your slimy head off, you drooling parasite!" - when some demon is biting
"Come on bastards! I'll rip your pervert arms off!" - picking up the berserk, probably also seeing a bunch of zombie bastards around...

Jimi said:

"Does my bum look big in this?" - when picking up some gun

Better, when picking up armor ;-)
With guns, she should worry about them matching the colour of his dress :-D

Jimi said:

"Oohhh, it's so BIG!" - when picking up single rockets

Jimi said:

"Oh yes, pump me up full of your HOT, MANLY lead!" -When hit by a sergeant.

"...I somehow expected more...like EPIC POTENCY...." - when seeing Baron replacement in Doom: Uncut

Jimi said:

"Pride and all the colours of rainbow, OH YEAH!!!" - when scratched by imps
"Oh more, more, more, I feel like flying, MOOOOREEEE!!! *pant* *pant*" - when hit by archies
"...an other miscarriage, dear? Oh my!" - when killing PEs

Jimi said:

"Poor dear, it must be one of those days of the month." - when looking at a Caco's or PE's behind.
"Your hair look f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s, dear!" - commenting on the Spider Masterming and Arachnotron's brains.
"Hey pretty boy, what else is heavy about you?" - innocent flirting with Heavy Weapon Dude, followed by a wink

(Sorry for not following the crowd)

(Random)
"Oh yeah!"
"I could do this all day"
"That'll look good over my fireplace"
"Your a waste of bullets"
"Hold still, and it'll be painless"

"Looks like you CAN kill whats already dead" - Killing Zombieman for first time
"Ah shit... they've upgraded!" - Meeting Chaingunner
"Enough with the bull already!" - 5th or 6th encounter with Demon
"Bring it on!" - Meeting Hellknight
"Aw gimme a break!" - Meeting Baron
"I HATE these guys!" - After 5th or 6th encounter with Revenant
"It's down to you and me!" - Meeting Cyberdemon.

Do yourself all a favor and go play Blood II: The Chosen before writing more. That game had great catchphrases ("If you run, you'll only die tired") and ranks high on my list of guilty pleasures because you can't really take Caleb seriously when he says "Time to start pilin' up the bodies" in a bizarre, almost unidentifiable accent, akimbo sawn-off shotguns or no.

Zombies could mimic Caleb from Blood I when they're raised by archviles:"I.. Live... Again!"

This thread, and to a lesser extent, the Doom comic, proves beyond doubt why throughout the Doom series, including the media-lavish Doom 3 and on any platform, Doomguy never had a single quote or catchphrase :-)

If you want catchphrases, go play Duke Nukem 3D or Postal 2.