Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Victorian Era Keyboard....

That's pretty damn cool. All he needs now it a similarly done monitor+mouse.

Edit: Is that what passes as touch-typing now?

HWGuy said:

I think putting the Enter key on the side would make it a bit more authentic.

maybe also using something like autohotkey to make one of the shift keys act as a carriage return as well?

That does look cool. I can imagine Garrett from the Thief games typing his memoirs on that. :)

Doesnt look nearly complicated enough... it should have all embellishments around around it. Replacing the LED's with things that look like valves off a computer from the 40's would have looked good too

If he got these in production, I'm sure there'd be a following. Only thing I wonder is how loud that keyboard is.

Can't remember where I saw it, but someone built a mini-itx mobo into an old typewriter - wired switches under the keys for the keyboard. The end product still looks like the typewriter, just with a few wires out the back.

Edit: Found it - turns out the old buttons where just glued to a usb mini keyboard though.

You know what would really be great? A Naked Lunch typewriter keyboard. Give it some motorized wings and legs, add some voice effects so it can tell you what you should be working on, or make it a head and give it an ooze dispenser so you can refresh yourself after a long day's work (I don't know, put Squishy syrup in it or something).

Also, the guy who sells them should look like Roy Scheider and shout "BENWAY!" every time he makes a sale.

That does look great, but I don't want to even guess how much money that guy spent on it. Too much money, too much time(in his parents basement probably). But I admit that I want one and a pc case that looks like a dictaphone.