Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

Zoom Functions on Alt-Fire (G)Zdoom

Is putting a Zoom function on a weapon as an alt-fire (say, a sniper rifle) at all possible? And if so, how?

Im thinking that calling up a script that changes the FOV might work, but whats the command for that?

EDIT: It has to be usable in Multiplayer (especially deathmatch)

I have a

alias Zoom "fov 40; m_pitch .5;m_yaw .8; set autoaim 0; crosshairgrow 5; echo Zoom in; rebind Zoom_out;"
alias Zoom_out "fov 90; m_pitch 1;m_yaw 1; set autoaim 5000; crosshairgrow 1; echo Zoom out; rebind Zoom;"

addkeysection "Additional Weapon Functions" new_funcs
addmenukey "Zoom" Zoom
in my autoexec.cfg which allows me to zoom in and out with one key,maybe this helps you a little bit.

Sweet, I'll try this out in my KeyConf

is there a way to only make it work for specific weapons?

(i.e. In Quake 4, the machine gun and the Railgun)

EDIT: Also, is there a way to make the pitch seem absolute instead of clicking at each level, this would make sniping a whole lot more believable

EDIT2: NVM, I fixed the problem described in the first edit

Hey, and if you are running GzDoom, Zdoom, Skulltag or any Doom Source Ports, put in command console while in game and type: ' Freelook True ' This will enable your mouse to be the free look if your using keyboard walking, this will IMPROVE the sniping. If you think this be a bad idea, oh well, worth giving a shot.

who doesnt use freelook?

also note EDIT2, I already fixed that one problem by making the freelook slower (like a person would do if he were sniping)

only thing left to make my sniper rifle work correctly is to have an ACS script (embedded in altfire) call a console command (fov 90 or fov 22.5), is that possible? (havent found anything in the wiki)

I think it's possible, but it'd take some heavy duty time though, you should ask people like Grazza or some others who are exceptionally great at ACS.

mmm, me too, i try to make specific zoom into a weapon like awp rifle, but only i know create a general zoom from keyconf =(

Heh, nice over-a-year-old bump doomero

Well, I have to say, my problem still isnt fixed after all this time, has there been any cvar changing ACS commands added to anything GZDoom related? (Like the compiler?)

i see the zoom from skulltag expansion, that pack have a zoom very special , the problem is ..is a general zoom but i think is posible add a zoom with acs only a 1 or more weapons , but i dont know how...i try to tested this special zoom i zdoom and only works 95% becuase if you use the zoom the mouse sensibility decline =(...