Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

CTF (GZDoom)

Is it in any way possible to script (in ACS), a Capture the Flag mode into GZDoom?

If so, heres a couple questions:

1. What kinda commands would I use?
2. How many people would actually play? (Assuming its the same quality as Q2 or Q3 CTF)

you could create two flags with decorate,then write an acs script that checks which player holds which flag and whether he or she is in the right team to do that (e.g. only red players can carry the blue flag). to create a "flaggdropping" effect,you could create another object in decorate,that,when picked up,instantly falls to the ground and "takes the flag with it". the scoring would be accomplished by global variables (dunno if those work for multiple players,though they should). maybe I'll try to get something like that working tonight (which is 8 pm GMT+1)

yours,farhaven

btw.: I think skulltag already has a CTF mode,so that would be an alternative to the "original" zdoom

know of a script command that check player teams? Also, how would you put monsters on player teams? (I have a cool ceiling turret right here that would be awesome for CTF)

you would have to create two arrays containing the tids of the players of each team. this would mean that every entering player must be forced to select a team. as far as i know there is no other way than doing it like this because zdoom originally wasn't meant as a team based doom engine.

I think it's worth mentioning that all three major multiplayer-capable source ports already have a stnadard for CTF. In those ports it's as easy as placing a few THING's.