Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

Respawning in Single Player (G)ZDoom

Is there any way to have an ACS script call the "ressurect" command or something in single player? I need it to make a Single-Player DM type thing in a new map Im workin on

All help is appreciated!

sorry to bump this but a new problem has come up.

I have the proper command to ressurect the player now, but the script refuses to do so when utilized

heres my sample code:

script 40 DEATH
{
delay(175);
thing_raise(0);
}
did I do somtm wrong here? It says in the wiki that leaving the tid flag at 0 trys to ressurect the activator, so I left it at zero and put it in the death script.

BTW what Im tryin to make is a timed script duing a multiplayer match that leaves the player dead for 5 seconds and then forces a respawn, then the script would call a teleport to a random spot.

(Note: this would also be cool for single for a Faux Deathmatch sorta thing, but I still need it to actually work!)

Any and all help is appreciated!

Heres the wiki link: http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Thing_Raise

You can't respawn a player with thing_raise. That command only works for resurrectable monsters. If the player is dead in single player mode the game is over and all that can be done is the default actions the game allows (e.g. pressing Space to restart.)

what if I give the player a raise class?

(and if so, could you show me what the decorate chunk for the player is? They dont have the article for that in the wiki...)

I don't know an ACS script for it, but this always worked for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

console command.

Type in Addbot in 

then after that removebots

You will respawn like if you were to play Multi-Player Deathmatch, but instead it's single player game

I've not got the time to look at the source right now but this is doable in Stronghold: On The Edge Of Chaos. It has a lives system.

I'd suggest digging in the ACS Source files, MAPINFO and so on from that project, see how it works - probably tells the game to run as a network game, essentially like coop.

2007 thread, woop

(Eh, I'll answer it anyways)

one of the ZDoom versions added the MAPINFO property allowrespawn so it's now possible to respawn in singleplayer provided this property is present in your MAP's MAPINFO.

On 3/7/2007 at 2:46 PM, Graf Zahl said:

You can't respawn a player with thing_raise. That command only works for resurrectable monsters. If the player is dead in single player mode the game is over and all that can be done is the default actions the game allows (e.g. pressing Space to restart.)

Couldn't you monitor the player's health, calculate in advance if they're going to die, silently teleport them to a respawn point and reset their health?

E.g. they have 30 health and are going to receive 35 damage, silent TP them before damage is applied and set health to 100. From the players perspective it would be like a respawn after death. You could even keep a tally of how many times they 'died'.

Edit: typed before reading the preceding comment from dmg_64. Will leave it anyway as might offer a method for something related.

8 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

2007 thread, woop

Oops; I didn't spot the fact that RandorD&D necroposted. My apologies all!