Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Doom remake coming to the Nintendo Wii?

Umm, I didn't realize that anything submitted for news went to the DW front page, without being edited for, I don't know, content or style.

Scuba Steve said:

Catacomb!

I don't think anyone ad id has the rights to the stuff they made back at Softdisk.

Scuba Steve said:

Catacomb!

Given that it's Nintendo, maybe we'll finally see Dangerous Dave In Copyright Infringement. ;)

Linguica said:

What the hell does this have to do with Doom.

Hasn't Doomworld also been, in a sense, a news outlet for misc. id software news? After all, they reported when the Q2 source went GPL.

Also I agree, whoever greenlit this for the front page really should have had the sense to clean it up first. Although AndrewB, you should have actually formatted it like a news story.

Perhaps even Commander Keen.

I'm with you there. I've been waiting years for The Universe is Toast.
Too bad Tom Hall can't get the rights back (yet).

Linguica said:

Also I agree, whoever greenlit this for the front page really should have had the sense to clean it up first. Although AndrewB, you should have actually formatted it like a news story.

I'm not an idiot. Had I known that my submission would actually be interpreted as a finished news report, rather than a "hey newsie guy, just FYI," then maybe I would have set aside more than 1 minute to actually report the thing.

Here's hoping they can pin the rights to Dangerous Dave Returns to the Haunted Mansion.

AndrewB said:

Had I known that my submission would actually be interpreted as a finished news report, rather than a "hey newsie guy, just FYI," then maybe I would have set aside more than 1 minute to actually report the thing.

You dummy, you used to do news when you did /newstuff, surely you still know how to write a proper news post yourself? The news submission forum isn't for "hey newsie, here's some interesting stuff, plz2do all the work kthxbye" posts. If you wanted to do that, you should've just e-mailed us the links or something.

Bloodshedder said:

You dummy, you used to do news when you did /newstuff, surely you still know how to write a proper news post yourself? The news submission forum isn't for "hey newsie, here's some interesting stuff, plz2do all the work kthxbye" posts. If you wanted to do that, you should've just e-mailed us the links or something.

You are the dummy in this instance, as you seem to completely gloss over what I say. I act as though I don't know "how to write a proper news post"? Where did I even indicate that I intended it to be interpreted as a straight-up news post?

If your attitude is going to continue to be "well it should be obvious that it's not meant for FYIs, if you couldn't figure that out the first time then you're stupid" then, well, ballsacks to you too, prick.

Anyway, now that I know the nature of the news submission forum, I won't be making the same gaffe again.

Why am I posting without reading? Oh well
I already thought of controls to play zdoom on the Wii, now all that I have to do is remember them and wave a magic wand....

Linguica said:
What the hell does this have to do with Doom.

I'm not sure about the specs of the Wii, but couldn't DOOM eventually be one of the brands to be adopted for it? (After all, the Gameboy has even had customized versions of the games, and then there's the RPG.) Not very susbstantial news, for sure, but still something that may be worth a heads up for that reason, aside from the fact that Doomworld sometimes gives a bit of info about other id developments. I do guess reporting the Quake 2 source release in particular had more to do with the fact that the staff was aware it could well be of use to DOOM project coders, though, more that just because it was something id did.