Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

A comunity megawad in two weeks (READY to download)

Vegeta said:

@Torn, I have just checked your pics, nice work, glad to see people still in.

--
I'd like to ask one or two mappers to introduce a Cyberdemon and/or Spidermastermind, as there seem to be a lack of them so far. I'll see how to introduce one of these on my maps too. Yet I don't want an over population of them, so just the ones who think a big monster could fit well :-P

Thanks for the nice words. About cyberdemon and spider masterminds, I'd like to at least put a cyberdemon in my map. :)
So expect to see him in my map, probaly as the boss.

I were looking into my abandoned maps, I'm surprised that whith a bit of work I have like 10 usable maps. This is gonna be big!

Vegeta said:

I were looking into my abandoned maps, I'm surprised that whith a bit of work I have like 10 usable maps. This is gonna be big!

Is there room for 2 maps of mine? I think this map will probaly take me one week to finish. :)

Would you guys be interested in some sound effects? I have a few laying around that I made before.

Vegeta said:

I'd like to ask one or two mappers to introduce a Cyberdemon and/or Spidermastermind, as there seem to be a lack of them so far. I'll see how to introduce one of these on my maps too. Yet I don't want an over population of them, so just the ones who think a big monster could fit well :-P

Heh, you'll certainly see a cyberdemon in my map, so don't worry too much about it. Hopefully the length of the level isn't too much of a problem, as it's quite short, but challenging.

Tango said:

I've got this nice looking nebula sky that you might want to use.

http://tango.dmclub.org/other/nebulab.png

It doesn't tile on the y-axis, but doing a 5 minute mspaint job on it could fix that. The light blue in the center could probably be changed as well; I personally think it would look nicer if the center of the nebula faded back into the sky around it.

Hey, is it to late to join?

Sort of a hellish themed map, using only Doom II textures.

@Tango, sorry for not replying, I didn't note it. That's a nice sky, I'll see how it fit in game. the only problem I see are the X coordinates, but with a bit of work it will fit perfectly. Did you draw it?

@DomRem, cool. Don't worry about the size.

@Skeetz, well there are three new bosses, if we can use new sounds for them that'd be great. What kind of sounds are these?

Vegeta said:

well there are three new bosses, if we can use new sounds for them that'd be great. What kind of sounds are these?

Wait, I thought this was supposed to be Doom2 compatible?

Well, they are weapon sounds. However, I can probably make pain sounds for the monsters. What are the bosses? Also, is there room for my map?

@Skeetz, sorry when I posted it was late at night I absolutly passed your map. Reminds me a bit map29 from Evilution, and one of the new Skulltag maps. While looks a bit odd with the brown sky I'm sure it'll be a nice addition with the proper hellish sky.
Just please check the texture alignments in the first shot (near the lava falls), try with "upper unpegged flag" or the autoalign tool.

@Dr. Zin. Well technicaly so far there aren't new bosses as the coder that contacted me after my petition in the other forum didn't reply when I sent him the sprites and description. Yet is something I think if done good can fit well, avoiding the classic "Icon of Sin at the last map", may be with just one new boss at the end is enough though. I have no problem sending you the sprites or a preview of them in case your curious. I tried to be as conservative as posible with the behavior, nothing that couldn't be seen in a new monster made from id back in the classic DOOM era (all of them have a single attack, nothing too complex).
Maps in the other hand are 100% compatible with any limit removing port.

As this is a community project I don't want to take decisions that nobody else like, once (if) I get the bosses I'll send them to the all the team members to vote if it's good to use them or not. In case the answer is no, I still have some use for them.

Vegeta said:

@Dr. Zin. Well technicaly so far there aren't new bosses as the coder that contacted me after my petition in the other forum didn't reply when I sent him the sprites and description. Yet is something I think if done good can fit well, avoiding the classic "Icon of Sin at the last map", may be with just one new boss at the end is enough though. I have no problem sending you the sprites or a preview of them in case your curious. I tried to be as conservative as posible with the behavior, nothing that couldn't be seen in a new monster made from id back in the classic DOOM era (all of them have a single attack, nothing too complex).
Maps in the other hand are 100% compatible with any limit removing port.

Is this going to be done with Dehacked or Zdoom? Is the wad going to be demo compatible?

Well, I'd like if we could stay to classic limit removing or/and boom?
About new sounds, I don't know really. If it is just a classic megawad, I don't see any point in putting new sounds in the wad. But thats just my thoughts.

If I may state my opinion (again), I think that the megawad should be classic compatible, but maybe use dehacked to give a better map 30?

Like, replace the Romero head and the SS Nazi with a new boss monster, and use the Romero head end level codepointer so that when you kill it the game ends. That would be cool, and much better than the 500th Icon of Sin. Plus it would be demo compatible (look at Scythe 2 for a similar set of new monsters.

Of course that would mean that noone else could use the Nazi or Romero head in their maps (which I don't think is that big a problem).

EDIT: And you can use the .deh to change the story texts and in-game map names.

About the sounds, they would only for boss/es (no weapon sound replacements), I was thinking that may be its better to just use the original, one of these monsters cries for a new alert sound, but nothing else. Yet I'm not sure if the three will be incorporated.

The idea is to use decorate, but if I don't get the behavior I was thinking to use dehacked, replacing the SS guy sprites, with a new sprite name at the wad, like EVIL (as sample EVILA2A8), and switch places with the keen doll so it doesn't drop the clip when dying.

About demo compatibility, sorry I don't know about these things. The wad is planed for Zdoom because of MAPINFO. I think it wouldn't be much of a problem to make a 100% Boom compatible version as none of the maps use scripts.

I suggested not to use Boom or Zdoom specific stuff (except mapinfo and with luck decorate), to keep more balance between the submisions, there are already diferences between the mapping skills to add diferences in the use of these features. Also to keep the classic DOOM feel (that's the main reason to question the use of new bosses). I do, but not everyone likes the use of source port features, but everyone likes more or less the classic stuff. That and to atract more mappers, as not everyone likes (or knows how) to map using these features.

Some of the maps I'm recycling used transluscent glasses, slopes, camaras, I were afroid to ruin them, but for my surprise they turned better (yet I'm not saying this is aplies for all Zdoom maps of course).

Well, imho, ZDoom specific stuff would probably be okay, as long is it doesn't deviate to far from Doom. They could be used to add a few nice touches in maps; for instance, the lava falls in mine could have the top of the falls sloped, so it doesn't just look like a flat wall with lava flowing down it. What if we could use them, but it needed approval?

In the meantime:

Vegeta said:

--
I'd like to ask one or two mappers to introduce a Cyberdemon and/or Spidermastermind, as there seem to be a lack of them so far. I'll see how to introduce one of these on my maps too. Yet I don't want an over population of them, so just the ones who think a big monster could fit well :-P [/B]

Your going to love my map.

Does not include the cyberdemon standing right behind me :P.

Vegeta said:

@Tango, sorry for not replying, I didn't note it. That's a nice sky, I'll see how it fit in game. the only problem I see are the X coordinates, but with a bit of work it will fit perfectly. Did you draw it?

Haha, no, I did not draw it. I found a picture of a nebula (Boomerang Nebula), resized it and gave it to AgentSpork to convert it to the Doom pallette. And, x coordinates? Don't you mean y? It tiles fine side to side; the up-down is the problem.

I could possibly rehash an old map of mine from the 90's? It's a fairly large level.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

@Skeetz your map looks interesting, I'm sure that it will be a nice addition. About slopes, sorry the other members would kill me if I change the rules by now. Look at the good side, if the lavafall is square you sure can place an imp, chainguner, or Revenant over it ;-P

@lupinx-Kassman, heh I assume that now I don't have to worry about cybers. I'll contact you via pm, I have an idea for the role of your map in the megawad.

@Tango, I'll check it out I think I can merge it with another sky of mine.

@Bloodskull, yeah I'm really interested in your other maps. Let me know if you need a beta tester.

@Cadman, it'd be a honour to have a TNT member in the team.

--
I received the decorate code, anyone interested in playtesting the bosses post here (you must be a team member).

Btw, once we have a name for the WAD, I'll be more than happy to make the Titlepic.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

1) Piece By Piece
2) Shredded Dreams
3) Rocket Dust
4) Onyx
5) Shroud of Pain

I tried.