Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Hasbro Planet Hulk toy review

That is an awesome figure. too bad he didn't come with a weapon. my brother, who is a rabid ML collector just picked him up. he was waiting for the running changes of the line, but I guees he got impatient. the running change of the planet hulk has the metal banded arm and the anihillus pieces are more purple than pink. here are some pics I found of the changes.

the rest of the line is pretty nice. emma frost's head is a little too small and banshee's screaming face is a lil' funny lookin, but ultimate iron man, hurcules and and x3 beast are spot on.

as far as hulk goes, did anyone pick up the issue today? DAMN!!! I can't wait for World War Hulk.

I touched on the running arm color change and Annihilus purple/pink variation in my review. In fact, I have almost the same photo of the Hulk you posted up in the review as well (taken from the back of the package).

I'm afraid your brother missed out if he's waiting for the metal arm--the metal arm came out first and was the original offering, the green arm is the later change.

This is why I love action figures. You can have a character like Hulk and stick him in the least character associated roles like a Viking and it works. Like the endless line of Ninja Turtles

this version of the hulk is part of an ongoing event in the marvel universe. there was a hero/villain battle in stamford, ct. that led to the deaths of over 600 people, a good number of them being school children. this eventually led to a superhero civil war. one of the first things that the illuminati did was trick the hulk into a "rouge sattelite" and send him into space. he was supposed to go to an uninhabited planet where he could be alone and not harm anyone, but it went off course and went in to a wormhole. he crashed on another planet ruled by a tyrant that ran galdiatorial games. weakened by the trip thru he was captured and thrown in the games. he eventually led a sparticus-like uprising and now rules the planet. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but something goes bad and he will return to earth in a crossover event called "World War Hulk".

Very nice figure. Totally unaware that they came out with this!

Anyone read the Planet Hulk comics? They're really good. I only have the first issue : (