Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Did anyone try to reinterpret the Motherdemon in Classic DOOM?

Just curious. I think if it's well done it should be a kick ass creature. I tried some times but with no success.
I think the skin should be like the archvile, but can't figure the body, and head, and of course I couldn't get with a decent sprite. The closest I get is that the archvile arms in the ressurecting frame should fit perfectly, but that's it, I tried merging the arms with diferent things with no success. I tried to recolour the DOOM 64 sprite and you can imagine how bad that was. I toyed a bit arround with Korax, but eventualy droped the idea.

What about you?

I awlays wanted a motherdemon creature also. I agree with the archvile skin in terms of color, possibly use the same arms (4 I belive?). I suppose you can use a heavily modified imps head for the head, or possibly an alien head from one of the alien wads. The body is a toughie, I keep thinking of a hellknight's body minus the arms legs and head, because the motherdemon does have some muscularity on her body. The buldgy areas on the body are hard to figure out though, possibly adding some pinky parts into the hellknight body to get that extra mass, but I'm not sure how well that may work. Either way, a lot of sprite editing would be needed.

Thanks for the link, but no, that's the DOOM 64 Motherdemon in classic DOOM. What we're talking about is a reinterpretation of it. The monsters in DOOM 64 have a diferent look, so should be the Motherdemon if it were in classic DOOM.

I like the idea about using an edited Imp or Alien head.

I think the Lost Soul from the DOOM alphas could fit extremely well for the head. That or the head of one of the bosses (never seen before) in the megawad in two weeks (come on, follow the hype!).

Totally forgot about the lost souls from the alpha, they have a different shape from the normal ones. But which wad comming out has bosses?

I toyed a bit around with the arms and head, tell me what you think about this. Before someone complains, I'd like to remember that the Motherdemon do have horns.

Original motherdemon:
http://i19.tinypic.com/48ntwll.png

The little work I did (only arms and head)

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6844/motherdemonzj5.gif
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6979/motherdemonqi0.jpg

I'm start to think this is doable.

I figured the Baphomet sprites from Zen Dynamics could be a good choice, if someone wants to create a full sprite set for it.
(Of course, the sprites' origins could be from another game entirely-- I'm not sure.)

Everything should be easier if the name was Fatherdemon :-P.
May be the modified Baron of Hell from Strain can help with the back, but the main problem is the torso, the lower part is also a bitch. I think the Scrag from Quake could help, but it'd look extremely pixelated.

How about you DONT make a disjointed cockup of different doom monsters and actually draw it from scratch?

Because that should look like crap unless I take some drawing and animation courses for which I'm not interested. I thought that was obvious.

printz said:

Personally, I'd add Hell Knight shoulders, Cacodemon tummy and Imp feet.

bring slowly to a boil over fire, add salt to taste.

I think I got it, I have an idea for the remaining parts. Once we finish the "megawad in two weeks" I'll my best to do this lady.