Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Carnevil

Wart 04: Den of Evil

For those of you who don't know, I've began working on the 4th wad in the Wart series some time ago. After quite a long break, I've resumed work on it. This happened a few weeks ago, and it's progressing quite nicely ever since. I have the rest of it mapped out on paper, so hopefully it won't take TOO much longer to finish.

Here's some screenshots:

Enjoy!

I love that style as well. And I do love a good slaughter-fest as shown in screen one. I will sure be looking forward to it.

Should prove fun. Not enough good sp/coop Skulltag maps around.

dutch devil said:

Looks very sweet your gstone could use some aligning looking forward to it.

Thanks, but... where? It looks fine to me.

Nice screens Carn, I bet the levels you set off from a long start just wanted to be finished.

@Dutch Devil: Nothings wrong, the angle Carn is looking may be messing with you unless your talking bout that half Gstone brick, though nothings wrong with that, maybe the fire wall melted one half of the brick! :O

@Carnevil: If you were the creator of Skulltag, why doesn't crouch work? On ZDoom (Which SkullTag is nearly based on) crouching is enabled AS long as you put 'bind c +crouch', but in S.T, I do so and no crouching occurs. =[

I think Dutch Devil is right here; the marble bricks in the 2nd screenshot could use some y-alignement!
It just tends to look better if the texture "ends" after a full brick rather than a half.
Other than that it looks really sweet, keep it up!

Mithral_Demon said:

@Carnevil: If you were the creator of Skulltag, why doesn't crouch work? On ZDoom (Which SkullTag is nearly based on) crouching is enabled AS long as you put 'bind c +crouch', but in S.T, I do so and no crouching occurs. =[

Look on the Skulltag forums. There's a variable you have to set to true to get it to work.

As for the couching issue, I'll save you the trouble of check and just post the it here...set this variable to "true".

iwanttousecrouchingeventhoughitsretardedandunnecessaryanditsimplementationishorribleimeanverticallyshrinkingskinscomeonthatsinsanebutwhatevergoaheadandhaveyourcrouching

Also, no I am not kidding.

And about the misaligned texture issue...I didn't notice any horizontal misalignments, so I'm assuming your talking about vertical alignments. Anyways, I didn't really think it looked all that bad...but it probably wouldn't take more than a few seconds to move the GSTONE texture down a bit so that it fits the wall. Otherwise, though...its looking great!

If I change the vertical alignment on the GSTONE under the FIRELAVA texture, I'll have to do the same on the opposite wall... and then THAT wall will look weird since the texture will start mid-brick from the ceiling.

I think this is all much ado about nothing. It looks fine :\

Or lower those sectors with something like 16 units or so that could solve it also the areas with the firelava textures would get an bit higher.

But if you like it as it is now I'm fine with that :)

Mechadon said:

As for the couching issue, I'll save you the trouble of check and just post the it here...set this variable to "true".

iwanttousecrouchingeventhoughitsretardedandunnecessaryanditsimplementationishorribleimeanverticallyshrinkingskinscomeonthatsinsanebutwhatevergoaheadandhaveyourcrouching

Also, no I am not kidding.

I believe it. I also can't help but wonder what the hell is up with the Doom guy's crouching sprite. It looks like he's trying to suck his own dick or something.

The y axis alignment on the Gstone doesn't seem like a really big deal, but yeah, it'd be easy to fix and it'd really help with the level of detail. :P

dutch devil said:

Or lower those sectors with something like 16 units or so that could solve it also the areas with the firelava textures would get an bit higher.

That's what I also wanted to say...
I've seen much worse things concerning textures though.

Update time! I've been working on this thing quite a bit, and have several new sections done. Here's some screenshots of a couple of them:

Hopefully I'll be done in a few weeks. Also, I should be looking for testers soon, so if you're interested, just hit me up. Thanks!

I really like the look of that first screenshot on your second set of screenies...I'm still looking forward to the release ^^

Well, I'm pretty much done with the map. I just have to do skill setting adjustments, possibly redetail/rework some areas, and maybe some other little tweaks here and there. I'll be needing people to test it out. Any volunteers?

Alright you guys, I'm starting up the testing of this wad. For more details, stay tuned to the Wart 04 thread on the skulltag.com forums.