Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

Its going to be Dark and Dissolutioned at Team Demise

Hey!

I rereleased some 'Special Editions' of some old wads The Solution and I have made. First we want to thank Jive from the 'Doom wad station' for e-mailing me on some bugs he found in the wads. Here are the shots and details of these mediocre projects:

Dark7:(Special Edition)
-various details added.
-fixed broken scripts and HOM on map2.
-changed some bad texture and flat choices on map5 and 7.
-texture alignment fixes.
-new secret map9 added called 'bitter cold'
shots:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8642/dark71ik0.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/953/dark72dp9.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2387/dark73wn0.jpg
Download: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=11772

Dissolution:
shots:
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9994/dis1le1.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5021/dis2mu3.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5041/dis4gf4.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/447/dis5fg6.jpg
download:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22BE34KF

I'm trying to make a new project but keep failing due to Vavoom's crap fog features.

My apologies I didn't know you were the authors of the original mods. Go for it then I say.

Nice work on Dark 7. However, there's one particular thing that bothers me and that's these ugly square sloped hills and holes. They look totally out of place. If you want to do sloped detail why not use some more natural looking shapes than squares?

Graf Zahl said:

Nice work on Dark 7. However, there's one particular thing that bothers me and that's these ugly square sloped hills and holes. They look totally out of place. If you want to do sloped detail why not use some more natural looking shapes than squares?

Lol yeah....me and the Solution had a hard time trying to do natural looking slopes but couldnt find any wads out there that could give us some good hills and such......hmmmmmmm

I found a wad that has extremely great slopes called 'Phocas Island2' I am going to redo some of the slopes in Dark7 so they wont look like shit. Thanks for pointing that out.

I love Dark7! That's one of my most favorite wads ever made! Too bad you didn't make a fullblown megawad. :P

I tried out your maps and I am impressed with the new details you added. I have to agree Graf Zahl about the slopes. They look really weird. It's still great though.

Are there any plans of making some more wads similar to Dark7?

Lizardcommando said:

Please... That would be really great.

Lizardcommando said:

I love Dark7! That's one of my most favorite wads ever made! Too bad you didn't make a fullblown megawad. :P

I tried out your maps and I am impressed with the new details you added. I have to agree Graf Zahl about the slopes. They look really weird. It's still great though.

Yeah....I'm currently working on something that I'm trying to do thats better than Dark7 that I haven't done before. I'm just stuck on choosing between Vavoom or GZDoom. Also I fixed those triangular Sh#t slopes. Download it here: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=11772 If there are any glitches or gripes you can post them please.I'm going to upload it to the idgames ASAP.

Well, I played through the updated version of Dark7 you just uploaded and you did a great job with the slopes. They look much better. :)

There is only one minor glitch that I found. On MAP02 there's that one room with the staircase, the arachnotrons are stuck in the lightposts. I think those arachnotrons should either be replaced by hell knights or just get rid of one of them and have the other arachnotron be placed in the center of that room.

Also, in that same room, there are the revenants that are stuck behind that lightpost after the wall explodes.

The only personal gripe I have with this wad is when the level starts to shake at certain points of some maps. I thought that was kinda annoying.

Other than those problems, I really enjoyed Dark7.

Even though I haven't played this megawad/wad, the screens are just fabulous! Only if Dutch Devil, you, and Solution, all 3 of you could make probably the best levels there EVER could be out, just make sure it could play on Zdoom since I don't really like some of the other source ports, and how their functions work.

Lizardcommando said:

Well, I played through the updated version of Dark7 you just uploaded and you did a great job with the slopes. They look much better. :)

There is only one minor glitch that I found. On MAP02 there's that one room with the staircase, the arachnotrons are stuck in the lightposts. I think those arachnotrons should either be replaced by hell knights or just get rid of one of them and have the other arachnotron be placed in the center of that room.

Also, in that same room, there are the revenants that are stuck behind that lightpost after the wall explodes.

The only personal gripe I have with this wad is when the level starts to shake at certain points of some maps. I thought that was kinda annoying.

Other than those problems, I really enjoyed Dark7.

Yeah I agree with the earthquakes being annoying.Also I did what you asked about on the stuck arachnotrons.I'm uploading Dark7 to the archives right now so its now cool.

bryant robinson said:

I'm uploading Dark7 to the archives right now so its now cool.

So you're into getting cut with rusty spoons eh?

kristus said:

If Ola finds out you have ripped his textures, he'd cut you with a rusted spoon.

Who is Ola if I may ask? I need to know more people here.

Ola Björling is the guy who made several of the textures you ripped from Darkening E2 to use in Dark7. He's not really active in the Doom Community these days, but he's known to not take kindly to people ripping his textures. You did credit Nick Baker's Nightmare1 texture pack. But in those shots I see several textures that are Ola's and they are only in Darkening E2.

If Ola showed up after years to bitch about someone using his textures in a game that like 20 people still play he's just a real big jerk.

Yeah, and he just might come back too.
I wasn't really expecting Cory Whittle to suddenly return, but he did and with Don's Challenge.

kristus said:

Funny, I think people who completely disregard copyright limitations are real big jerks.

It's not like he's taking a shit on his work.

I don't understand why people in the doom community try to horde their work like that anyway. It makes 0 sense.

When people ripp from me, I sure experience it as people are shitting on my work. And knowing what I know about Ola, I would expect him to feel somewhat the same about that. I am sure Nick Baker can attest to that atleast. (considering a flame war a number of years back when the first version of Execution were released)

Also, should I be surpriced that someone who never actually made anything shouldn't understand why people who spend years advancing their skills and working on their resources don't want them to be ripped?

But whatever, I'm just wasting time advocating that people would actually have enough decensy to adhere to the copyrights that the authors set up. Not like anyone will give a shit anyway.

kristus said:

Also, should I be surpriced that someone who never actually made anything shouldn't understand why people who spend years advancing their skills and working on their resources don't want them to be ripped?

Actually, you are not the norm here. Many people here seem to want to share their work and don't mind if others use it to make good stuff they might enjoy themselves.

bryant robinson said:

Who is Ola if I may ask? I need to know more people here.

Ola posts here as Ukiro. If you PM him I can't see any reason why he'd object to their use, provided proper credit was given in the textfile.

I just played Dark7 nice job you did I liked the layout and design of your maps so kudos to that...

...but I have to say gameplay was far to easy and very predictable like sticking monsters into corners all the time, there are no tough battles anywhere I found the weapons to be too powerfull for the normal doom baddies.

I actually rather enjoyed Dissolution, particularly the later levels. But there was one thing that bugged me, which is that maps seemed to end abruptly, almost inappropriately, like you were expecting something more. I think that should be worked on a bit, because the design and atmosphere presented in that mapset are excellent.

Bryan... where's the secret map in dark7 special edition (downloaded from idgames)? i didn't found
it in your wad using XWE

Graf Zahl said:

Actually, you are not the norm here. Many people here seem to want to share their work and don't mind if others use it to make good stuff they might enjoy themselves.

I agree. Kristus is the only person I remember that actually got angry at my friend for taking a gun graphic. Maybe he should have asked permission...!

kristus said:

Funny, I think people who completely disregard copyright limitations are real big jerks.

The RIAA called.
They want their mission statement back. :P