Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMLancelot

Zelda Total Conversion For DOOM 2

This is a great idea! I love it! Did you know you can concentrate on ideas better if you leave a community for a while? It's a fact!

erm... zelda doom? like little children wearing green cloth and wielding swords fighting against the evil guards to free some princess while wandering through some randomly generated mazes? i'm as sure as hell not the only one whispering a quiet "WTF?"

Play Zelda through the eyes of Link in first-person view, that's the idea. What I need right now is a skin. Can anyone make a good detailed one?

DOOMLancelot said:

Please join! Note: this does NOT require changing clans to join.

...what???

I can promise that if you can get this off ground, get some good resources and stuff, I'll make you a dungeon map or two.

Though I doubt it... :P

Well, I can take textures from the Nintendo 64 games using an emulator and I found a website that has the sounds to use. It's on the topic site.

DOOMLancelot said:

Well, I can take textures from the Nintendo 64 games using an emulator and I found a website that has the sounds to use. It's on the topic site.

PIRACEEEE!!!

Asking for a team to make unoriginal copypaste copyright infringement project "POPULAR GAME" Doom X huh

Why not play Zelda?

Are YOU actually able to do anything for this project? Or are you just going to have the team members do your work. @ DL

I can assign sounds to a skin which I learned recently and I'm currently mapping a dungeon from the first Zelda. I'll learn more as time goes by.

It's a good idea to get the project off the ground on your own before asking for others' help. Also, with all the projects already in production and at risk of failing, why not just join one of them? You'll probably like it better than a Zelda conversion for Doom.

I'm trying to actually make something for DOOM instead of sitting around and watching other things being made. I want to make something for once. I want it to be good....no...I want it to be great! The people I have now have gotten a few things done. I need some people who are good at doing scripting and things though. Please help....

Well, we don't have much done.....but I can put up screenshots of a few things. Here is the WIP on the skin:

Hopefully, Shadow(guy making it) can finish it and make it good.
Here's artwork that my leader made:

Shield:

Sword:

Treasure Chest:

Skin with sword and shield(incomplete):

That's just about all there is so far....

Why don't to make it for Heretic or Hexen, it should be whola easier, also some of the monsters could be used intact. Even trying to convert Corvus alone into Link should be 300% times easier than converting the Doomguy.

Sorry I know you want this, but if you already can play modern Zelda games, you don't really need this, it'd not play any better, unless you get the atention of the most skilled and creative authors from the comunity.

Heh. Just join my Half-Life TC. Whoops. I haven't started it yet. If you're looking for help, I agree, use Hexen. If you need MAPINFO/DECORATE stuff, I'm always good.

More people use DOOM than Heretic or Hexen. DOOM is my favorite game. I've always wanted to make something for it. Zelda is a game that I always thought would be cool in first-person view with sprites. Anyone willing to help can join the forum using the link in the main topic message.

Well, we were recently considering making it all new quests and maybe include some of the stuff from all the games. ZDoom can add new stuff onto DOOM so it's possible to do a lot with this.

DOOMLancelot said:

More people use DOOM than Heretic or Hexen. DOOM is my favorite game. I've always wanted to make something for it. Zelda is a game that I always thought would be cool in first-person view with sprites. Anyone willing to help can join the forum using the link in the main topic message.

ummm.... Hexen is Doom... aaanndd, Zdoom supports Hexen.

Hexen and DOOM are two different games. DOOM is used more often with mods and things though. I like DOOM MORE than Heretic and Hexen combined. I want to make this for DOOM. I've already decided and no turning back now. Besides, we've already got some stuff done so why switch games now? We have a wad made for the HUD face which is available to anyone and everyone on the TLoZ forum topic. Now all I really need is mappers and scripters. So far, I've got StrikerMan780 who is busy at the moment but he says he will help.

If the guy wants to make a Zelda mod (even if we know the probable outcome) why don't you shut the hell up and let him? He doesn't want to work on any other wads in the community, he wants to work on this. The fact that most of the people making such comments in this thread are people that have contributed almost nothing after being here after years really leads me to tell you to shut up.

DOOMLancelot said:

It is going to be a cool mod that will have good scripting and everything. Now if I can just get the right people....

No offense buddy, but NOBODY is going to help you until you actually show some real progress. All you really have right now are a couple of half finished sprites, which from what I can see are composed of a bunch of copy and paste jobs.
A promise that it will be a "Cool mod with good scripting and everything" is not enough.

Well, there weren't any "copy and paste" jobs done at all. I have only one guy doing the sprites. He's the best I have....so far. The other people that I have can't do very good mapping.

Craigs said:

A promise that it will be a "Cool mod with good scripting and everything" is not enough.

OK let me say something different then: It will be a super awesome mega mod that people will want to play a lot!

DOOMLancelot said:

Well, there weren't any "copy and paste" jobs done at all. I have only one guy doing the sprites. He's the best I have....so far. The other people that I have can't do very good mapping.

So rather then actually learn how to do this stuff like the rest of us, you'd rather sit back and watch other people do it for you while you "contribute" to the project by downloading a bunch of midis and MP3s to add to the wad? For the record, putting commercial MP3s into your wads bloats the wad considerably and is illegal.

OK let me say something different then: It will be a super awesome mega mod that people will want to play a lot! [/B]

Yeah, that sounds so much better! :D I'm sure everyone is going to help you now!