Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coopersville

Vocal Doom Players

It depends on how stoned I am if I end up muttering commentary to myself during whatever game I'm playing. I only tend to get vocal when I'm on a streak, killing droves of foes without getting hit or taking small amounts of damage. I bought a mic-headset with a speaker hub and everything, intending to use it during CS and DOD, but instead, it gets literally no use. I find that talking to teammates on pubs rarely results in a worth-while response.

EDIT : forums = broken! My post ended up ABOVE the thread starting post AND it does not register my post as being made in this thread towards the total threadcount. L O L.

I've been playing Doom co-op on the XBOX 360's Live Arcade quite a bit lately, and I've noticed a lot of people I get into a game with become very vocal throughout the levels. I personally don't say much, only talking to communicate with fellow players when needed.

Do a lot of Doom players yell at those enemy sprites they're fighting? What say you, Doomworld?

Naked Snake said:

EDIT : forums = broken! My post ended up ABOVE the thread starting post AND it does not register my post as being made in this thread towards the total threadcount. L O L.

Daylight savings time never did anything good for anybody.

I am very vocal in any and every game. I just get into a game when I play it, I like it that way, it's more intense and enjoyable. :D

I talk to all my games in normal conversation or sing, if anything surprises me I scream or make a loud sound. When I play Doom I tend to scream a lot. In fact my place sounds like a haunted house. So I try not to play too late ever since I moved. :D

My friends tend to record me playing games without me realizing until it's over. Ones I distinctly remember are Doom once when I was screaming in a tie-off match and Dragonball Z Tenkaichi when I was forced to play as Yamcha. I like to physically do the moves myself and inform Yamcha just why he was taken out of the main story-arc. If I don't win of course. :D

I'd like to say I'm a humble loser, but I also don't like lying. :D

I'm a tad vocal when I'm frustrated or just stressed. It helps relieve stress...especially saying:

"suck on that, motherfucker!"

When at parties or just over mp I taunt and yell, joke, and laugh and remark. It's all in good traditional Doom mp fun.

I'd love to have a game with a few of you guys with live chat for fun.

I use the word 'bastard' quite often when playing an unusual hard map... especially when facing Arch-viles :P

I usually just get vocal when a stupid level pisses me off (like all of a sudden a 15 archvile ambush in an open area with nowhere to hide behind)

I'm quite vocal when I'm on top, with "Fuck yeah"'s and "Ha ha"'s galore.

When I'm losing, however, I'm a lot quieter, usually a quiet "damn..." or "fuck...", or if I get rapetrained by someone in a particularly spectacular way I cringe and go "Ohhhhh....shit."

*Opens a door*
*Archvile runs out*
"Son of a Biiiiiitch!"

Thats about it.

Or
"Why won't you fucking Die?!"

Pshaw! You name the game, and I'll prolly find some excuse to scream my head off in multiplayer. Lessee... outbursts, vocalizations...

-Quake: Mostly venting my frustrations when I'm losing cheaply (like against a camper).

Quake 2: Ditto.

-Quake 3 Arena: Same.

-Unreal Tournament: Yah.

-Halo 2: I <3 to sneak up on people with the shotgun, and either whisper or scream in their ear, wnd when they turn around, I go BLAM and they go dead an' stuff.

MechAssault: MechAssault is a pure adrenaline experience, and I like to rub it in the other person's face when I win. This 'un just seems to get my adrenaline and my testosterone flowing at the same time.

MechAssault 2: MA2 is actually a lot more cerebral for me, I'm usually the tactical guy in MA2.

Star Wars Battlefront/Battlefront II: With about eight players to a team, it gets really strategic.