Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BirdDog

Recruiting for gamedev with Doom3 engine

Hi all!

I'm looking for talented people for some game development projects.

If you are experienced (expert is better but not necessary) in one of the below listed fields and are interested, contact me via E-mail.

Fields
- Mod development (Primarily for the Doom3 or source engine)
- Programming / coding (primarily: Doom3 or source engine)
- 3D modeling / character animation
- Graphics (texture, art, images, etc.)
- Map planning and/or creation (w/wo triggering)
- Music (composing)
- Sound / effects (creation and manipulation)

(Only apply if you have experience.)

The current project I am planning is a uniqe style FP/TP, a tactical mindgame combined with horror. (I provide detailed info after you contact me.)

There are other project ideas also, so if you don't not like this concept there are others on which we can work together.

I want to create a good team. The plan is to create successful games and earn profit.

BirdDog (birddog@extra.hu, birddog.ini.hu)

BirdDog, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Also this doesn't really have anything to do with the original Doom engine. The Doom 3 forum would be more appropriate, or better yet, a website/forum/community dedicated to Doom 3.

I have that.

In these fields.

- Mod development (Primarily for the Doom3 or source engine)
- 3D modeling / character animation
- Graphics (texture, art, images, etc.)
- Map planning and/or creation (w/wo triggering)
- Sound / effects (creation and manipulation)

Now, I'm not applying, cause I don't know anything about BirdDog or what he is planning.

Hello!

EarthQuake said:BirdDog, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc).

Wrong. I value the game concept so after (you or) the applicant proven you have value to the project (experience and reference) then I can share the concept with you. I don't give out valuable ifnormation to a random person, that would be funny.

Btw no one said that its a 'mega-cool-etc.' project, except you. Don't start supposing things that are not there. Ty.

EarthQuake said:Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

What I have to do with this? You had bad experience over the years and have a negative preconception about game projects. Your problem, not mine.

If you don't like the idea, simply don't post.

If you are interested about the details, send me your application and we'll see...

Btw the project has nothing to do with you or your feelings about game projects, nor has to convince you that this is a project worthy of your attention.

EarthQuake said:
Also this doesn't really have anything to do with the original Doom engine. The Doom 3 forum would be more appropriate, or better yet, a website/forum/community dedicated to Doom 3.

Good idea, I'll post there too. Ofcourse I also post this on Doom3 forums, but the more places it's announced, the more chance people will read it.

Bungleist said:
Agreed. I doubt you'll find many people with Doom 3 or Souce editing experience here.

You can't be sure about that. Worst can happen I spent some mins posting here. The best that someone with talent applies.

From now on (if I can ask) please only post serious and useful posts. Thanks.

kristus said:
Now, I'm not applying, cause I don't know anything about BirdDog or what he is planning.

And didn't bother asking.

Btw, you know what I am planning. (And if you apply, which ofcourse does not mean you can't decline at any time you want, you will be informed. As written above.)

Okay from now on I don't bother replying to unserious posts. I thought this was a serious discussion board with adult minded members. And before you start getting hurt by these words, think about who would post / think things like you two did. (Presuming, expecting, not asking just saying 'I don't apply couse there was not enough info.' A grown up person would ask if interested or avoid if not. Your unserious replies shock me.)

Don't except replies in this forum from now on.

Who has experience and willingness, has questions or interested, can contact me via e-mail. Others should simply avoid this thread.

I'm sorry, but your poor attitude and childish insults do you no favors.

Getting a serious team together is not an easy task. If you want skilled designers, you better give them a damned good reason to join you on your game.
Getting prissy about someone using the "Newproject tag" on you or that noone will take a ranting fool like you serious is definitely not the way to go.

Specially considering the ones that are really skilled, usually are the ones that have the least free time. Since thye're not sitting on their hands waiting for X person to come and take them away to a magic castle to make games with them. They work on their own projects, or on projects with people they know and respect.

Without a set of solid screenshots or a solid backstory or anything you'll not attract many people. Only some starving newbies that will work on any team that will have them.

Being all secretive about what this mod is all about isn't going to win you any real talent. On the contrary, it just screams at people that there's really nothing to this mod.

Here's a free piece of advice: Focus your efforts on making a cool looking map, post some screenshots and talk a bit about the direction the mod is heading (Basic plot overview, possible gameplay features) - stuff to wet people's appetite and make the mod seem attractive.

If you can't map, well, you better focus your efforts on learning how to map for Doom 3, they're mighty helpful over at doom3world.org if you got any questions about how to get started. Once that's out of the way, go back to the above paragraph.

Because you see, nobody with any talent would want to work on a mod with a team leader who's not himself quite engaged emotionally and physically. The Team Leader's job is to push the development of the mod by encouraging the fellow team members, which really means he has to make a good example by doing a lot of actual mod work himself.

You have to prove to people on the various forums that you are more than capable of committing yourself to your mod and actually get some work done, NOT give people the premature impression that your mod is already doomed.

So for your own sake, come back when you've got something tasty to show.

Okay, here is a "serious and useful" suggestion:

Hire someone to handle your PR. Otherwise this project will fail soley due to your bad attitude.

BirdDog taking everything the wrong way

Settle down, it was just the Newproject template.

--And good to see you around every once in a while, dsm.

So basically what this tells everyone is that you can't or won't do any of the work yourself. Why would people more talented than you want to work on your idea when they could come up with their own?

BirdDog said:

From now on (if I can ask) please only post serious and useful posts. Thanks.

SERIOUS QUESTION: Is a "BirdDog" like a DogCow?