Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaxxTrias

Vertices in Sectors mode

Hey folks, I was wondering if there was any way I could get the option "show vertices in sectors mode" in the latest version of DB (1.68) I'm reading the guide and at the time it was written I guess 1.53 was the latest, and from the sound of it there was an option in interface that when activated allowed you to see vertices from sectors mode

Is there still a way to enable it in the latest version?

No, the option has been removed because statistics showed noone used it. However, if you must have that feature, you can still turn it on in the configuration file (Builder.cfg). Look for the setting mode2vertices and set it to 1, so the line looks like this:

mode2vertices = 1;
Make sure Doom Builder is closed while you edit that file or your changes will be ignored.

Thank you, that was exactly what I wanted

It was also my fall-back method, I just didn't think to look in this versions builder.cfg file (was trying to find a 1.53 to download, broken links stink.)

I display them there.. I've not even noticed the option disappearing, but it's just stayed on and on after every update since the first public release... and I like that feature.

But I once noticed some minor bug in it. Probably just something weird was going on with my display drivers/adapter, because I couldn't even see the vertices in the vertices mode!!!

Not that I really care about it, but things mode don't display vertices.. maybe it could display them when that mode2vertices is set to 1?

No things mode never displays vertices. Unless ofcourse you download the source code and add it yourself ;)