Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RottKing

The /newstuff Chronicles #301

I thought "The Mine" wasn't so bad, actually. Sure, it looked very 1994-ish, the amount of ammo was almost ridiculously high, and the Word file (and the backup of the map) were pretty wtf, but outside of that, it wasn't as bad as the review makes it out to be - certainly a lot better than Kohe, for example.

Schneelocke said:

I thought "The Mine" wasn't so bad, actually. Sure, it looked very 1994-ish, the amount of ammo was almost ridiculously high, and the Word file (and the backup of the map) were pretty wtf, but outside of that, it wasn't as bad as the review makes it out to be - certainly a lot better than Kohe, for example.

If it was worse then a map by Ruba, then that'd be pretty bad... Have you guys noticed that even though they've uploaded about 3000 wads they never ever post on our forums? Something tells me they're just a bunch of banned or losered people trying to get revenge on us.

Everyone doesn't frequent forums, and there's several more forums than the DW forums in the Doom community.

RottKing said:

Nah all the maps are still there except for that "Q-IT" map, which was pretty crap.

I can't even remember that so it must have been in v2 or something I dunno.

NixBood said:

Because I doubt Shadow Dweller will say it: NO U

O RLY?

Shadow Dweller said:

well at least someone knows what the hell he's talking about...

Heh *g*
Someone should realy make a b-tard jokewad ;)

don't encourage the /b/tards. the results wouldn't be pleasant.

anyway, i really liked that map01 wad, the one with updates of the first map of each ep of ultimate doom. tastefully done.

the episodic doom 2 was an interesting idea, but i don't see myself using it.

i deamand you pirate hexdd.wad and review how awsome dmy music selectionss wer eor else i will do something very very bad

dethtoll said:

don't encourage the /b/tards. the results wouldn't be pleasant.

What could happen?
A map so full of fail that every reviewer would be happy to tear it up in mid-air.
OTOH, it could be made of more win than ten Mock2's.

But i doubt that anybody from there would realy move their lazy ass and make one.

btard.wad: a wad full of unbridled racism, pedophilia, and mutilated cats. the possibilities are endless.

i'll pass.

GGG said:

Is that your way of telling me you understood I was being sarcastic in my post?

If you think you were being sarcastic, clearly you misunderstand what sarcasm is. Read the definitions at the link I provided; your post doesn't fit any of those.

Bungleist said:

Actually, it's you who doesn't understand much... GGG tried to destroy sarcasm and shape it at will, into something not ever seen coming by RottKing. Besides, I wasn't impressed at all by Gamarra's map, dubbed "OF THE WEEK" (how many weeks?...), so that has to drop. SargeBaldy wins, sole reason being that I haven't wasted hours using his map on my PC ;) but I wasn't impressed by Gamarra's map.

Enough with dumb fire anyway and don't flame me for map preferences either.

printz said:

Actually, it's you who doesn't understand much... GGG tried to destroy sarcasm and shape it at will, into something not ever seen coming by RottKing. Besides, I wasn't impressed at all by Gamarra's map, dubbed "OF THE WEEK" (how many weeks?...), so that has to drop. SargeBaldy wins, sole reason being that I haven't wasted hours using his map on my PC ;) but I wasn't impressed by Gamarra's map.

Enough with dumb fire anyway and don't flame me for map preferences either.

*Sigh*

I'll make this simple: sarcasm is when you say the opposite of what you truly mean. The opposite of "Huh? Make up your mind!" would be "Indeed! Don't make up your mind!", which doesn't exactly make a lot of sense in the context. Therefore it isn't sarcasm. GGG may well have intended his comment as a form of irony, but irony != sarcasm.

On the other hand, when RottKing named the Gamarra map "WAD OF THE WEEK!!!", what he actually meant was "WORST WAD OF THE WEEK!!!". Personally I would have thought this statement would be a pretty obvious example of sarcasm, especially since he employed three exclamation marks at the end of it, but apparently not.

Bungleist said:

On the other hand, when RottKing named the Gamarra map "WAD OF THE WEEK!!!", what he actually meant was "WORST WAD OF THE WEEK!!!".

Actually I didn't think it was the worst, but yeah everything else you said is correct. 8)

Bungleist said:

On the other hand, when RottKing named the Gamarra map "WAD OF THE WEEK!!!", what he actually meant was "WORST WAD OF THE WEEK!!!".

My wad isn't SO bad. Kohe is WORST.

Glassyman said:

My wad isn't SO bad. Kohe is WORST.

Giulio Galassi is about to make you his bitch, suck it down.

*subtle attempt at inspiring the theme of the next Gamarra map* ;-)

Maes said:

Giulio Galassi is about to make you his bitch, suck it down.

*subtle attempt at inspiring the theme of the next Gamarra map* ;-)

Do you really want that my bountykiller kills you?

Glassyman said:

I do want your bountykillers to kill him. Please.

Glassyman said:

are you for real