Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

NO: Scientists make a sheep-human hybrid

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=444436&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

Alternate title: Scientists create a politician.

"Professor Esmail Zanjani and colleagues at the University of Nevada-Reno have created sheep that are 15 percent human at the cellular level. Half the organs in the sheep are human. The idea, of course, is to harvest those organs to transplant into human patients. From the article: 'He has already created a sheep liver which has a large proportion of human cells and eventually hopes to precisely match a sheep to a transplant patient, using their own stem cells to create their own flock of sheep.' One scientist worries, however, that the work could lead to new viruses that cross from animals to humans."

Discuss!

Dr. Zin said:

The furries are coming...

I wonder what will happen when it goes from 15% human to 50% human to 75%.... And they use more than sheep....
Oh noes! It's the rise of the Manimals!!
I have a storm shelter ready.

At what point will beastiality become legal?

Farmer: "But Officer, she's half human."

15% human?

Now you are going to have to take her to dinner on friday nights, at least 15% of the time. (rolls eyes)

I actually think that there may be some real potential trouble for humans if this happens. Silent animal viruses as mentioned could be a real problem if I understand the little bit of info in that news article.

Erp said:

I don't need my girlfriend to go baahhh.

I don't think they'll stop there.

They'll be going meow next, and woof, and whatever else was on that blasted spin n' say.

that's when science goes too far.

Captain Red said:

Can I graph giant lobster claws to myself yet?

Well as you can see, there's a definite correlation here. Despite a slight dip in the second and 4th quarters, there's a real trend towards the number of claws (both giant and otherwise) and the amount of captain red. The transform web-enabled paradigms involved here could really ramp up our aggregate sales driven benefit and lower our time to market. I think we should cross sell this information with a view to followup our customer centric e-business and really lead in the field.

Poor sheeps.

It's scary the estimation they have (15%). Who knows what kind of experiments are kept in secrets or will be made.

Joe said:
Well as you can see, there's a definite correlation here. Despite a slight dip in the second and 4th quarters, there's a real trend towards the number of claws (both giant and otherwise) and the amount of captain red. The transform web-enabled paradigms involved here could really ramp up our aggregate sales driven benefit and lower our time to market. I think we should cross sell this information with a view to followup our customer centric e-business and really lead in the field.

I like those numbers.
I'm telling ya', when the boys upstairs hear about this... BAM! Right to the top! We can ride that gravy train all the way to and-

HAAAAAYYY >:(

Who knows, maybe after a few human + sheep experiments they will make one with pink skin, brown furry legs, horns, and can throw green fireballs.

I just love it when scientists screw around with this stuff...
(note sarcasm)

Lmao then people will find out that after eating the 15% human sheep they performed 15% cannibalism! THANK YA JESUS!!

I made a pig with at least 15% percent human along time ago. But I fed it the decomposing remains of my female victims.

Who needs genetic altering when you have easier ways?

eviladam said:

I just love it when scientists screw around with this stuff

heh, heh... JOKE TIME!

When they get to 51% human can you marry them?

brings new meaning to "Mary had a little lamb", eh?

Just wait till Old McDonald has a farm!!!

Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

*burns in hell*

Note that the sheep in question are chimeras and not true hybrids. A true hybrid would be a result of cross-fertilization. These sheep are being created by inserting human cells into the zygote at a particular stage of division, which causes them to grow along with it and end up distributed throughout the sheep's body.

Quasar said:

Note that the sheep in question are chimeras and not true hybrids. A true hybrid would be a result of cross-fertilization.

That's next. :(

Csonicgo said:

Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Now it sounds like they merged a dog with a chicken!

They've accomplished through modern medicine what the <choose one: Welsh; Scots; Irish; Australians; Kiwis> have been trying to do the natural way for centuries!