Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

A "what if" theory for a potential Doom II sequal.. ( Fan fic/Theory type thing.)

( What you're about to read is a "what if" type of theory plot for a Sequel to Doom 2. -Writer assumes that everyone's pretty much ignored Doom 3.. Stupid Prequels.- This was kind of an idea I had while playing a couple mods, and taking parts and some thinking that may or may not make sense. Dunno if it's been used before or if it's in the right forum type, thought it'd best work here. O.o )

Okay, this takes place about 3 or so minutes after the Icon of Sin was obliterated. (Well the beginning of the story at least.) But what if The IoS wasn't the end to the nightmare, that it wasn't the "end" to the invasion, only a hindrance to the fate that was put upon the earth. (Which would be the demon's invasion, no matter by there own creation or by the human's hands.)

Within the darkness of the “abysmal” darkness that resides in the deepest pits of hell, was a collective conscious, the “soul” of hell, to put it bluntly. This would be awaken During BOTH the first entrance to hell (The shores of hell to be exact, when something not corrupted entered an area already under the influence of both the demon hordes that guard the moon base AND said conscious that resides within the shadows of hell.) And when he delved back into the pits of inferno within Doom 2.

With each entrance within hell’s territory, this collective conscience would seem to taint the marine’s subconscious with it’s own darkness, although unknowing to the marine, It would slowly dull out the senses that were lesser known, but were mostly very important when comes to knowing of when things would go down. (I.e.: The second sense, or “I got that bad feeling again” type sense.) This would be bad enough, that by the second game, when he destroyed the Icon, the Conscience figure would open a void in front of him. (Much like the void at the end of Tormentor667’s TnT3 and TnT: LE.)

The Void would drag the Marine into the void, where the consciousness would quickly take over, and posses the body, as what it was planning would require him to be in corporal form… Now back on earth, about 2 or so years after hell has stopped invading from the events of II, They have rebuilt, and just like of the past, UAC has avoided making changes in there technology that would prevent corrupting and being reworked from another source, but by that time They have seem to get the technology up enough so that they had begun what seemed to be planetary expansion of the human race with what humans where left that is..

With the beginning of inter-planetary Travel and eventual Settling starting, the time that this ‘conscious ‘ had hoped for was starting to come closer and closer to passing, 3 more years have passed, and the planetary passage ways via the inter-dimensional portals started to become more and more advanced, but due to UAC’s lack of concern for the past events involving the demon invasion of years past, they have once again lacked the necessary security measures that would stop the portal computer tech to be corrupted and thus; the rift between the two worlds from opening once more…

The moment where hell would resurface would be as soon as the fine tuning of the portals on all 5 of the new planets would begin, with marine forces strong on all planets, but spread thin in general, the portals would be tampered once more, this time ALL the portals would switch on, and a flood of red death would once more begin, this time the demons seemed to evolve beyond the types that were seen, although some species never really evolved, but, what seemed to be upgrades on the more Tech-heavy species, and what seemed to be a council of hell, backed by stronger demons yet unseen, even from the past two invasions. This time… Hell has seen to not take any chances this time.

I don't think adding deep elements from a psychological theory fits in DOOM.

Also Final DOOM is the oficial continuation to DOOM 2.

Here's my poor attempt for a plot, I know it has some parts that don't fit at all. There are alusions to other DOOM games, that's intentional.

------
Prelude:
The invasion to the lunar bases of Mars, and to Earth itself divided the UAC in two, the ones who wanted to cancel the teleportation experiments, and these, who because of their giant potential thought that the tests were needed to be hold, yet with extreme caution. After debates, the second position emerged victorious. The UAC installed its labs, this time in Jupiter, one of the farthest bases from Earth, under a high military vigilance.
The massacre caused by the attack of the gigantic biomecanomagical ship showcased that the project had to be cancelled definitely. Almost in an unanimity way, the decision to start the programmed Plutonia Experiment was taken.
With the quantum accelerator the different gates to hell were detected and sealed. The almost catastrophic incident on Congo was kept as a secret.

When you killed the Gate Keeper in the devil hive, the last gateway of hell was closed. After endless nightmares you finally could rest. But that peace didn’t last long.

Today:
You were assigned as security chief in the Teitenga Complex located at the Moon. A few hours ago a magnetic signal was detected in the radar; the source was identified inside a crater close to the installations. The explorer team was send, guarded by a squad of marines you selected. After the initial tests, they found a "hidden-doorway", with inscriptions of an ancient civilization. You ordered extreme caution, but once the explorers started to open it, all communications collapse including the communications with Earth.
The gate has been open revealing hell in it's most crude form. A wave of fire burned all the men there, and demons start spawning all over the complex butchering everyone in the base. You get to the hangar and deactivate the landing pads. At the other side of the corner you hear demon growls, gun fires, and the dying scream of the two marines that scouted you.
Now there's only one thing to do.
-------

And these are the victory messages

-First episode victory message:
Once again you dive into the putrid atmosphere of hell. You can hear the eternal agonic cries of the damned souls and the claws of demons slaughtering each other to rip and tear your guts.
Exhausted, and with your flesh half toasted, you swear that you will be the last living being to see a Hell-Spawn...

-Second episode victory message:
The biggest and baddest cyberdemon that spear headed the Cabal has been destroyed.
The gateway to the moon now is closed, but a new gate is revealed. Once the ancient gateway of hell was opened, demons were able to create this portal.
You cross it and you find yourself in Earth. You see a large water treatment facility taken by the evil. God only knows what kind of demonic virus they plan to spread.
Inside the buildings, the real boss brain behind this is preparing to expand hell’s domain to Earth. To seal the final gate and stop the demons you must kill the bastard,but this isn’t going to be an easy task...

-Third episode victory message:
With the destruction of the boss brain the final gate of hell was closed. The few remaining demons are being hunted by the assault team that has just arrived.
The demonic slime couldn’t spread and soon will be neutralized. Once again you have saved the day, but nobody knows what kind of menaces demons will prepare.
One thing is sure, the accident with the teleportation experiments on mars gave hell a taste of the living realm, the
later incidents only showcase that evil will stop at nothing to take it over.
Somewhere in the deepest pits of hell an old enemy now is on its feet... (then you see the walking version of the Icon of Sin).

1.) I didn't know Final doom was the " Offical. " Although it should have been obvious, guess I am just that thick. n.n;. It'd probley be a continuation to Final doom, or something.

2.) Yeah, considering that part hit me in the wee-hours in the morning when insomina set it, I didn't check twice.It's not concrete in it's form, although your idea sounds alright, I thought the multi-planet invasion would be interesting, butthat's just me. e.e

I know it's certainly not official, but in my own mind, I've always considered the Doom storyline to go through Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, and then STRAIN. The end, then, would leave the marine as this twisted, mutant version of his old self, which ironically he had to become in order to defeat the forces of Hell.

It seems more WADs that try to add to the Doom story after Doom II boil down to basically, "oh noes another portal opened!" So, unless something really interesting is introduced, I consider the Doomguy's adventures at an end.

RoneKyakone said:

So, unless something really interesting is introduced, I consider the Doomguy's adventures at an end.

Yeah, that poor Doomguy has been through enough Hell (heh).

I agree that Doom stories tend to boil down to "another portal" scenario. I'd encourage something more creative and unexpected. Like, oh, I don't know, just off the top of my head, some crazy satanist messing with a pentagram and being possessed by an Arch-Vile or something.

MmM said:

I agree that Doom stories tend to boil down to "another portal" scenario. I'd encourage something more creative and unexpected. Like, oh, I don't know, just off the top of my head, some crazy satanist messing with a pentagram and being possessed by an Arch-Vile or something.

Better yet, stealth archvile :)
You know that kind of level would only include former humans as enemies? Whence will the demons themselves come? O YEAH, FORGOT THE REVENANTS :D

I know "a new gate to hell" is reiterative, but demons must come from some place, and genetic experiments are excluded.
Another idea I thought was a portal to the Purgatory, taken by the demons, or continue the plot where DOOM 64 lefts off (the marine in hell), that could be interesting, and very doomish.

What if the doomguy was resurrected, but instead of a pistol start he had explosive diarrhea?

Erp said:

What if the doomguy was resurrected, but instead of a pistol start he had explosive diarrhea?

is that why your subtitle here is set to Dumb?

At first blush, one always thinks that a Doom story requires a portal of some kind to hell, but I say that line of thinking should be questioned more. There are many examples in relgion, mythology, fiction, etc. of demons manifesting themselves on our plane of existance whenever they like, in fact, some would say they're always around us, albeit in invisible form. And it is just a game after all, plots don't have to be air tight. So a bunch of pinky demons appear in a McDonald's restaurant while the space marine is enjoying a tall, cold glass of Caco-Cola, you don't need a ten page essay on how the Pinkies got there from hell, right? (Incidentally, if you must know, they got there via a space-time continuum anomaly, resulting from the ice cubes in the marine's glass striking each other in harmonic frequency 666 times.)

In Eternity TC's story, the demons found the newly opened temporal rift at the Terran Temporal Research Facility. This enabled a group of them to escape into the past, where they started work on opening a portal to Hell there, where the humans wouldn't be able to fight back. They started their attempt to rule over humankind by finishing the construction of the Tower of Babel.

This change in the timeline fractured reality into thousands of parallel universes, and travelers through the temporal rifts couldn't be sure what time in what universe they would end up in. Due to the nature of the rift, however, resolving the conflict in only one of these universes would seal up the entire paradox and restore the timeline.

The player would hop through various time periods and locales until he found himself in the correct universe, which was a medieval world known as the Halcyon. You were to visit the Halcyon universe at two different time periods. First, you arrived too late, after the Halcyon was destroyed and humankind was extinct save for a single 240-year-old dwarf from the Northern Mountains known as Halif Swordsmythe, who in return for his virtue was rewarded with incredible magical power. He recognizes you as the Hero of Time predicted in the Halcyon's Book of Cataclysm Prophecies and tries to guide you on your remaining journey through time. When you finally reach the Tower of Babel, Halif apparently dies fighting against the Lesser Demon at the top.

After the enormous battle, a new rift opens and you find yourself back in your own time, but something's wrong. The demons are everywhere and people are dying. You leap back into the portal and end up in the Halcyon again, but now it's earlier -- 120 years earlier to be exact, and the humans there are still alive. You get captured by clerics, beat to a bloody pulp, and thrown into the Halcyon Labyrinth, mistaken for a new breed of demon. By defeating their finest warrior, Laekmir, in battle, however, you prove yourself as their hero and they take you to the Temple of Light and its environs (which in the dead future were known as the Dreadmere). You meet Halif's younger self, who somehow recognizes you, and then you unite the shards of the Ankh of Demon's Bane, an ancient weapon brought down from heaven to banish the demons. Using it, you were to fight in an enormous scripted war. If you won, you went to a celebration at the City of Hope.

But the story wasn't over yet. The Hellspawn army was defeated at the mouth of the Abyss, but the seven Arch-Demons have now come forth to wreak havoc. You have to journey all across the Halcyon to find and destroy them. Once you do this, the final rift is opened. You journey through it to find your own time restored to normal.

In the ending you were to see a mysterious mage back in the Halcyon reaching for the seal on a forbidden book. This was to set up the next game in the Halcyon universe series, which was to have very little if anything at all to do with Doom ;)

MmM said:

random stuff

Your models are excelent, but your plots suck a lot, sorry.

I was trying to be funny in the case of the McDonald's one--both that, and the Arch-Vile possession scenario, involved about 3 seconds of thought on my part. It wasn't my intent to wow anyone with either.

I was trying to be funny in the case of the McDonald's one--both that, and the Arch-Vile possession scenario, involved about 3 seconds of thought. It wasn't my intent to wow anyone with either.

New portals, new worlds, new conquests may suck for a book story, but as a game, everyone looks forward to them.

I see nothing wrong if the player discovers a new alien world, also conquered by devils he can take out one by one, the world being (formerly populated) by stuff not seen already in the Heretic/Hexen franchise (I'm sick of that, I want originality), but partly inspired by history, tales and D&D, some of the creatures turning in league with satan, others being good and defending, and a new game engine permitting armies and battles (no infighting but monster cooperation so the player can't take them out by themselves).

I really think the devils aren't over. As proven by Final Doom, the Baphomets aren't satans themselves, because they appear several times. And "untold miles of hell" isn't everything either. The remaining devils, realizing how they've underestimated the humans, and having the influence of the Baphomets badly severed, have become smart and dangerous, conquering worlds with much better ease. New worlds seem most appealing for a story/game, but let's make sure they're not from Heretic/Hexen :)

I've always thought that, like in many lone-wolf stories, the former hero would become the enemy. IE, the marine would be possessed by a demon or something, and of course mutate into some hideous monstrosity that the new hero would have to kill.