Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
VinceDSS

Reopening Public DANG

Vince, if you want to reopen publidang, then go ahead. It's a good site that just needs someone to manage it.

it would be a great idea but I won't have time for this, I am starting a new job very soon...

anybody willing to pick it up ?

I can help uploading and listing demos once in a while, but I can't be the sole maintainer.

It is a nice idea. Vince, send me a PM.

The main reason it hasn't been updated in (so long) is because there aren't any demos being uploaded, and I think the main reason is because people rarely record in vanilla Doom anymore. I don't see a problem with relaxing the rules to include Prboom -complevel demos though.

I think it is a great idea... but am also very curious to the new DOOM Speedrunning site.

What about chocolate doom demos, would that be acceptable?

They would. The only way I could see a revival working is if Dang started accepting port demos.

This is all a bit of speculation at the moment. I'd like to see this new speedrunning site myself.

Ryback said:
They would. The only way I could see a revival working is if Dang started accepting port demos.

You may be implying that already, but I'd say v1.9 demos recorded with the engines that support them (Doom, Chocolate Doom, PrBoom, PrBoom+).