Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

Hyperpower!

Danarchy said:

And Jello, STFU and listen to Broken. Most underrated NIN album ever.

Better yet, watch the never released Broken movie. heh.

Damn, I'll have to go buy this; internet can't handle it. I'll take Danarchy and dn's word that this is a good album, as the former likes a lot of the same music I do, and the latter is a fellow bigot.

redmage125 said:

Better yet, watch the never released Broken movie. heh.

There's a never released Broken movie? Or are you referring to the videos on the Closure tapes? That video for Happiness in Slavery was great. Actually, both tapes were awesome. Bowie + Reznor = awesome.

Johnatone said:

There's a never released Broken movie?

It's not so much "never released" as it is "never officially released." Trent bootlegged it out not long after it was made, and it's been doing the rounds for years. There's a good quality DVD bootleg going around these days that looks like they were sourced from the masters instead of dubbed from n-generation VHS copies.

Scuba Steve said:

Is this, like, some kind of stupid Trent Reznor thing?

Sure beats some kind of SCUBA STEVE thing! SCORE!

Johnatone said:

There's a never released Broken movie?

Yeah, it's basically a music video that covers about 5 of the songs on the album. It has all the non-bonus tracks except one IIRC, though I can't remember which. I remember Pinion, Wish, Help Me I Am in Hell, and Happiness in Slavery are all on it, but I can't remember what one is missing. I used to have it on my hard drive a LOOONG time ago (like 2000ish) but I haven't seen it since.

I thought it had them all, but it's been some years since I watched it. I have one of the better-gen video cassettes, or at least it was better quality than the old bootleg they had on nineinchnails.net when that site had all the high-quality direct video downloads some 5 years ago. I know it has the last track after Happiness in Slavery so maybe Last is missing. I'm sure I remember a video for Last, but maybe I'm confusing it with one of the videos for one of the movie-compilation tracks he did. The video for the 2-minute instrumental was a blank screen in the original Broken movie, not the guy eating dinner with the flies in Closure, maybe that's what some people mean by "missing".

Lüt said:

I know it has the last track after Happiness in Slavery so maybe Last is missing.

You are correct.

Lüt said:

I'm sure I remember a video for Last, but maybe I'm confusing it with one of the videos for one of the movie-compilation tracks he did. The video for the 2-minute instrumental was a blank screen in the original Broken movie, not the guy eating dinner with the flies in Closure, maybe that's what some people mean by "missing".

No video for Last, and the new DVD that's doing the rounds has the guy eating flies in the movie. The footage for Gave Up has no artifacts in it too, and as it was only ever available on the bootleg it is one of the big reasons that it's assumed to have been captured from the masters.

There's all this weird viral crap going on with the cd. Apparently, there's a thermal layer on the cd that changes from black to beige after the cd is played for a while. There's binary code on the beige layer that's been "translated" and posted at this site. At that site, people found a link to this. There's even more shit here.

Heh, I got the CD on Wednesday. The thermal ink is very interesting.