Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

TMNT Baxter Stockman WIP

This is a Baxter Stockman (a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles villain) action figure that I've been working on. I started sculpting/modeling it Saturday afternoon (4/7/07) and this is what I've accomplished as of Tuesday (4/10/07) evening. So far, he has 30 joints (which sounds impressive, but 16 of them are fingers). I decided to go with rooted hair, rather than sculpted, this time around and I think it worked out pretty well--gives him that mad scientist vibe. I still need to make the lower body (waist and legs) and an assortment of accessories to complete him. Excluding the wings and insect arms, he should clock in at about 8 inches in height when completed (about the same scale as the LOTR goblin archer I made previously).

Wicked awesome! I loved the TMNT as a kid, and baxter was just one of those kooky villans that you could never forget!

The modle itself so far is beautiful. The colors are great, and the detail in both the face and body is excellent. Even the wings look good. My favorite is the hair though, very fine spiky appearence.

Very impressive work. Please post pics with the lower torso when you get a chance.

Awesome!I just saw the new movie yesterday. I liked it and the visuals were great, but I wish it had some of the classic villins like Baxtor, or the rat King. Unstead we got some stone gollums lead by Mr Incredible. Oh Well.

the Spiderdemon from doom reminds me of 'The Nucklehead', a robot spider controlled by Krang.

sweet. besides krang, baxter was one of the creepier lookin turtle villains. I'm lovin the wings and the fro. you should make some mouser accessories to go with him. can't wait for the finish.

I've always thought that if Mcfarlane did some TMNT figures they would have an April being stipped of that Yellow bodysuit by some mouser's

Shapeless: Your April getting stripped by Mousers idea is sweet--you should seriously consider sculpting that. Unfortunately, if McFarlane made April, she'd probably be full of tattoos and body piercings, have a pegleg, and come with deformed midget accessories. :) And finish your Pain Elemental already!

Vileslay: I've thought about a Mouser accessory, but they're usually only associated with Baxter when he's a human.

I finished Baxter up last night, and a canister of mutagen ooze, but I still need to make more accessories to complete the set. The final articulation total for the man-fly clocks in at 37 joints. Note that I didn't make the gun seen in one of the photos, that's a 21st Century Toys 1:6-scale M249 SAW that I used as a mock-up. Right now, in addition to the mutagen ooze I've already made, for accessories, I'm planning on making a ray gun (possibly a customizable one with many add-ons/attachments), the anti-turtle flyswatter that came with the old Playmates Baxter Stockman toy, and a bag of sugar cubes . . . maybe some other stuff too. Hopefully, I'll get all that done over the weekend and have the final photos and webpage up Monday/Tuesday.

the legs came out great. I love the shredded pants. I know the mousers are usually with him as a human, but I just thought it would be pretty cool to see how you make 'em. you've got this talent for making small items with great detail.

BTW I just noticed in the first round of pics that baxter has the moria goblin accessories. so he can fire arrows, toss around rust, and get drunk on dwarven ale. the fly that can do it all. LOL.

Vileslay: If I ever make a Mouser, it'd probably be a special version found in the NES TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project game. That one's a boss/sub-boss that consists of a Foot Soldier riding a giant Mouser like a Chocobo. If memory serves, the big Mouser spits out little ones.

I finished everything up Sunday afternoon; here are final pictures:

For comparison purposes, below are three visual representations of Baxter Stockman from different mediums. (A) This is a stillshot of Baxter from the original 1987 TMNT cartoon series. (B) This is a screenshot of Baxter from the Super Entertainment System video game 'TMNT: Turtles In Time'. (C) This is a photo of the Playmates TMNT Baxter Stockman toy. My figure design isn't based solely on any particular interpretation of the character--I took elements that I liked from different versions, with a few of my own touches sprinkled in, to create my vision of Baxter Stockman.

More pictures/info:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/baxter_stockman.html

Excellent work. I wish that my baxter toy figure looked good as this. And I like all the neat eqiupment and gadgets added. This is probably one of my favorite works from you MmM ( so far at least). Again, great job!

those accesories are sweet. the squished turtle on the swatter is nice. I do remember that mouser boss from the manhattan project. that would be an interesting project. can't wait to see your next project.