Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Inferno

Afrit JUST in Sycthe2?

Quick question. Does the Afrit from Sytche2 appear in any other wads? I know at the time it was exclusive to the wad but I don't know if thats the case anymore, my friend asked me recently and I wasn't sure. Thanks!

Not that I know, but that Afrit would make a great addition to some of the other hell maps (Dutch Devil's Doom 3 map for Doom 2- Ask bout his progress, I wish to play that map.).

There was a giant Afrit as the boss in the ZDoom Community Map, if I recall correctly.

Speaking of Scythe II, does anyone know if Erik Alm has any plans to finish the last few maps?

EDIT: Typo.

The Afrit is from the MRW, so I won't say it's exclusive to scythe2!
AFAIK it wasn't used in another wad with it's original behavior though.

@Rone:
i don't really know, but I on't think he will bother to do so!

Woops, I must of misread about it being exclusive.

That stinks if the last few maps wont be finished... I really like those last two maps!

I like the Afrit as an enemy, very different and offers a nice challenge. I'm going to check out ZDoom Community Map to see if the giant Afrit is a boss.

RoneKyakone said:

Speaking of Scythe II, does anyone know if Erik Alm has any plans to finish the last few maps?

This was discussed in Prague a bit, but I can't say I am any the wiser (and only partly because a lot of beers were drunk around the same time). He didn't appear to rule out finishing them, but he didn't give any particular indication whether he expected to find the time. But maybe he'll drop by himself and give some official word on the matter.

The Afrit is an nice monster it reminded me to the the Hell Hunter from RoE.

Ive never used the Afrit before, my doom3 map for doom2 you mean that hell map I'm doing for the ndcp2 project that is not going to have an Afrit :)

Ninja_of_DooM said:

There's onemore. Gon on! Guess. :p

Sorry, I only mention stuff that's worth playing :P

So do I. ;)

Well I know it could use a touch-up. I haven't been bothered to do any mapping for a while now though since I've found better creative outlets for a lot less than the amount of time it takes to build a Doom level, especially with the amount of time I have for myself and other commitments I have nowadays.

Besides that, my dad keeps blaming me for anythign that goes wrong on the compy, though I'mnot the one who keeps chopping an changing anti-virus, firewall and installing new crap that he never uses, everyday.

So...yeah. Not been mapping for a while. :p

Well k.

Disclaimer:

If you like maps like Austerity and Sapphire you can try HTI2 as well :P

Erik kinda burned himself out making that gargantuan map27. I think moving map27 to map29 and doing two smaller hell maps would have been a good idea, though.

Belial said:

Well k.

Disclaimer:

If you like maps like Austerity and Sapphire you can try HTI2 as well :P

Or maybe if they like loads of brown and black stuff. Though I'm sure that those who haven't played a scripted map before would like it. I mean, I remember when I first played a map in ZDoom. Up until then, I had played nothing but vanilla Doom maps. All the crazy crap like earthquakes, thunder and all the other stuff it had in it was awesome. I never thought a Doom source port was capable of that stuff. :p

It's been a whiley since I played Scythe II as well. I maybe ought to dig out that backup CD with all my Doom maps on it. I may not be allowed to install games on the PC, but he gave me a USB stick a while back. hehe.

I got done with the ZDoom Community Map, can't believe I didnt play it before. But I did enjoy it alot. I wasn't expecting to find an Afrit in the water, and the big one at the end was deffinetly a fun fight.

I'm going to try Zaero soon too.

But now I'm craving more afrits.

dutch devil said:

The Afrit is an nice monster it reminded me to the the Hell Hunter from RoE.

The Afrit disappointed me, because the flames it generates on the ground are harmless. All its damages are in fact simple projectiles, usually as slow as Baron's, sometimes better, but not too harmful. Weren't the flames supposed to hurt the player?